The rFactor 2 Blog | Cars (Part 2 of 2)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 1, 2021.

1. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thank you for great blog. I fun to read everytime. I don't know much about the Modding at all, so if questions doesn't make sense to you, please ignore it.

The current 3rd party's HUD are so greatful. However, if HUDs and Overlays could be designed in a simplify in game, VR and triple screen users would be even happier. Certainly, Simhub is good but would be tough on PC performance and can not use in VR (as it is).

I know there have been many questions about H-Shift already, but can't we at least make it like The Grinding Tranny Mod that was in rF1. As an rF2 user, too pains to be told that "that's unrealistic compared to AxS2".

In today's rF2, it is easier to get grip by lowering the tire pressure when it rains. I know professional drivers (e.g. Nobuteru Taniguchi) said that it is better to increase air pressure to prevent hydroplaning. Is it possible?

If it is take time to introduce hydroplaning into rF2, can we at least have grip variation with rainfall as a bridge until then? the wet depth and even random.

As a server manager, I would like to have the rfm and scn settings introduced into the server UI. rfm has been mentioned before, if it will take more time.

I think the car mods are uneven in terms of fuel consumption, tires, damage, etc. depending on the car model. If I can adjustment mult for each cars on server UI, will not need to many Upgrade.ini files.

Please introduce plugins (e.g. auto camera, simhub), or Overlay system in replays. I streame after the race to deliver the replay, has been well received. I want to make it more exciting.

I think car parts seem to be harder to remove in server replay file since a few years ago, is this intentional? I'd like to see them come off in client replay if possible.

>but no further new submissions will be added past this point.
    :_(

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I feel like there is so much to ask about modding, that it is better to not even start.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I need all latest car files with updated (up to date) comments and ALL parameter with ALL explanation of the values.
    HDV, CHASSIS, ENGINE, TBC, TGM, VEH
    And please resist to head me to the outdated skippy files

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thing is, the Skippy files cover 95% of all that. You should probably be more specific on what's missing.

The other issue is that you can't really separate modding questions from physics enhancement requests, because you often need both. And then plugin interface additions. And then better gameplay flow and features. Etc.

mantasisg and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. Paweł Andrzejewski

Paweł Andrzejewski Registered

1) Let's say I would like to start modding new UI, update the layout, dig into its optimisations, check the possibilites of utilising it while in 'realtime' (as posted in Discord). Apart from the obvious coding abilities and the fact some 3rd party reworks has been made, etc., will S397 provide some sort of guide how to kickstart the work: which jars are needed to be extracted, how to setup environment so debugging will be quasi painless and finally how to put everything back in place to see the results in the game?

2) How is it going with the icon creator it was mentioned with the release of new UI?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just a quick example:
    HDV, General
    Actual Skippy HDV: FuelTankPos=(0.0, 0.15,-0.65)
    outdated since May 2016 (see M. Borda Updating HDV and TBC files)
    replaced by:
    FuelTankPosFull=(0, 0.19, -1)
    FuelTankPosEmpty=(0, 0.03, -1)

Let us see what S397 is willing to do ;-)

TheGame316 and PatientRF2fan like this.
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

NOTE REGARDING THE BLOGS

Hello folks.
    We've taken the decision to now cancel this and future blog postings from the series. Looking at feedback these don't seem to be going down too well judging back some of the comments we've seen, and for the amount of time it takes to put them together, we've decided the best course of action is to cease them with immediate effect. Thank you to everyone who contributed with questions during the series, we appreciate it, and hope you've enjoyed them to this point.

Cheers

Corti likes this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

Are you going to answer the questions made before the cancellation?
    Thanks

PatientRF2fan and Juergen-BY like this.
  9. Binny

Binny Guest

Not going down to well or is it you are not liking the feedback form the user ?
    Either way its less info and transparency IMHO,

10. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

A lackluster RC... No Blogs... It's going great this RF2 MS partnership ;);)

Travis, McFlex, Havner and 1 other person like this.
  11. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

This is disappointing as I was really was hoping for a separate thread for modding questions rather than mixed in to the tail end of a car wishlist / update.

I find there is a lot of support for track modding and admins to sort confusion.
    It is car modding that has no official support and many mysteries.

Too much passion on the forums!

12. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

I really didn't expect that, wow.

Thanks anyway. Trying to be constructive...
    Most of the questions I've seen are more like suggestions and wishes, some of them have been posted long time ago. They may be already noted on an internal "to do" list, but as I said before, it would be nice to know that those posts (wish list, bug reports, suggestions, requests, etc) are being read by just answering an "ok, noted" message.
    Also, a well managed bug list with their workarounds would be nice to have on the website, so threads are not duplicated. Same with requests and wishes too.

PatientRF2fan and Manfredk2 like this.
  13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That's really disappointing. I guess you could be right where I know I went off on some tangents of suggestions instead of questions. It all you see is that modding for rF2 is difficult. I was really hoping to see what some of the answers are going to be, and to see if there would be some improvements.

TheGame316, svictor and Mauro like this.
  14. Binny

Binny Guest

@Paul Jeffrey Might as well close this thread now you have posted no more blogs.

15. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Well, glad I didn't bother coming up with questions(in part some had already been asked, in part I didn't think I would get an answer for some of them anyway).

@Paul Jeffrey Blaming feedback is a bit of a cop out. The feedback is coming from the lack of transparency.
    Go back and read the blogs and see how many non-answers there are. That is where the negativity is coming from. At a guess, the answers to a lot of the questions already asked for this week (which seem to be more constructive than previous blogs) would have been given the same non-answers.

It's modders that plug the gaps in content(even things like UI changes and Günther's APX) yet the lack of transparency, and now lack of respect not answering the questions already submitted(especially when social media posts only a day or so before still asking for questions); is a kick in the guts to any modder that has persevered with the platform so far.

Remco Majoor, Travis, Binny and 5 others like this.
  16. Havner

Havner Registered

@Paul Jeffrey I remember you took a job of Community Manager in Studio 397. Sorry to say, but either you read your job description wrong or you failed tremendously at it. Community Manager is someone who engages with the community on daily basis. You are a PR representative at most. Someone who passes PR statements. Nothing more.

Binny, datasting and Nieubermesch like this.
  17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

[...]

Binny likes this.
  18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

sad time for rFactor 2, the boat sinks....
    I will keep an eye next year, while I'm not playing with iRacing and ACC.

19. Corti

Corti Registered

Hi guys, how about everything here. I started translating the first post to my language to understand the thread :rolleyes:, then I saw that this diverted a little (does not need to translate) ...:oops:
    I just wish that in the next road map we have a prize to keep going, I trust the boys ;)
    I think a private thread dedicated to the authentic modders (crediting good jobs, of course) ... and I do not include me :cool:. They are also important and those who contribute joy and interest to continue here

svictor, GertjanD, atomed and 3 others like this.
  20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

many many content from your website is ripped content.
    I feel like a private thread will be borderline.