Nurburgring 1967 dreamers

Discussion in 'Locations' started by juanarg70, Dec 3, 2021.

1. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Tonight I will try to to find the AC animations. Cheers

2. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I think marshalls dont have animations in AC version. I log the existing marshals on excel. I took the xyz coordinates on the yellow bottom part of the fire extintor they have. See pics attached. Some marshalls couldnt find them. Another one was on the steilstrecke so its useless.
    Maybe you could center to model some marshall with animation and translate them to this coordinates. perhaps stablishing their center model over the foot of the marshall or something like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few marshalls are alone and dont have fire extintor. I took their foot xyz coordinate. Let me know if this helps. Cheers

DJCruicky likes this.
  3. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Okay i added the new marshalls i have in, they have different suit to the original marshalls but atleast the flags work now, so now we can basically focus on just retexturing the marshall and i think it should be done at that point

Gesamstreckte Mod 3.png

vava74, Mauro and juanarg70 like this.
  4. EmperorOfFinland

So basically what is missing from a first release now is the surface gaps fixed on the track. everything else has been added in to the track itself. other stuff can just easily be tweaked if its required also to add the trackmap and picture for the loading screen. The track is at 0.80 version currently on my opinion as the surfacegaps only requires doing the realroad presets again. everything else is on the track at the moment, and i think the AIW can be tweaked later too if required.

Ofcourse the thing about reflections should be done too but im not expert on optimisation and other stuff. so the trackside objects need to be optimised too for people with lower end pcs than mine.

GPNeville, Mauro and juanarg70 like this.
  5. EmperorOfFinland

So basically its up to the community, will i release a public beta until i finish up the merging of the mesh or will i just finish up the mesh, the mesh merge could take a long time to do due to the tracks length and personally i dont consider it too immersion breaking.

Gesamstreckte Mod 4.png

Ie the shimmering on the edges of the roadmesh, i can fix the major holes quite easily but if i need to go through the almost entire trackside with manual moving its going to take a long time. I have a Eläintarharata conversion that i have not finished since i need to do the same thing and the track is only 2km long, this track is over 25km long on the longest config so it would be extremely pain in the ass to do and i really dont have time or interest to actually do it as its fully manual process

Meaning its moving each edge vertice manually and since normal tracksurfaceside contains atleast couplehundred vertices you probably understand how long it takes.

Gesamstreckte Mod 5.png

So here is the side gap that sometimes is on there zoomed extemely close

Gesamstreckte Mod 6.png

This is how it looks on realistic scale

This leaves a whiteish line on that and its simple to fix but extremely laborous thing to fix.

Mauro likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

That work is a pain in the ass with that track.
    Could you create a plane (or several) below the ground with the asphalt texture to fill all the gaps?
    It's a workaround but would be quicker.
    Would have to check the performance impact.

juanarg70 likes this.
  7. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I thought about this too. Its a simple fix that do no harm. Its more a visual problem than a physics one

lagg likes this.
  8. EmperorOfFinland

hmm i could actually do that, if i make it low poly it would probably actually do the trick albeit the mesh merge seemingly is not impossible but it requires me to go individually on them, and i would probably prefer the individual moving so it would get permamently fixed. so the shimmer is hard to fix but me merging the major gaps is not. as there is only couple major gaps.

The gaps would leave steps on the road so its partly a physics problem on its own but i could do the major gaps. but at this point i would need to know all the major visible gaps on the road so i can go fix them as i dont have time to lap on my own unfortunately.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

You could create a big plane with a strange colour (purple or fluorescent yellow) and put under the ground.
    This could make easier to check the big gaps in Max

10. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i got it finished, i will test it today and see if i can make a release soonish, i need to finish up the other configurations too. but that should be much easier to do.

So i basically need the cameras but i also need the other config AIW files and sectorfiles.

atomed, Mauro, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

12. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Good idea Mauro. Might work

13. EmperorOfFinland

i actually cant as the mesh is on different way so it wont be accurate to rf1 so i have to manually add the new cameras as the placement of the mesh is different

14. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

The only and I mean ONLY reason I have AC installed on my computer is for this track. If you guys can pull this off.....AC will be un-installed again. This track is amazing in rFactor 1...imagine the awesomeness that it will be in rFactor 2...pure joy. Thank you for giving this a shot, thank you for trying. It will be fantastic.

svictor, GPNeville, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  15. EmperorOfFinland

So the base issue at the moment is that the cameras and AIW need to be generated from scratch, the main course AIW is mostly done. but cameras are not and since the track is 28 km the cameras are going to take a while to make. as i have to juggle multiple projects around

16. EmperorOfFinland

Okay so i can release this track but i have a project i have to work out so i dont have the energy to generate the ai files for all the tracks. the main issue is that the cameras have to be generated the combined track is already ready so only thing required is just the cameras for the track and doing it.

Anyone willing to help me on that? the track is essentially 85% complete otherwise. i have to do some texture work but otherwise its okay.

datasting, ebeninca, svictor and 6 others like this.
  17. EmperorOfFinland

Since i have not gotten any messages about getting help on the cameras i have instead decided to just give out the moddev in full so someone can finish up the other layouts by moving the stop signs and generate the AIW files for otherlayouts than the full layout the full layout only has no cameras.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wATc14jN5QSvnxgLvX8buOUJDD8DVnZ/view?usp=sharing

Its the 0.81 Version with only the full combined track. i do have permissions for this but i dont currently have time or much interest to finish it and instead of letting it sit on my HDD for the next 6-8 months i will release it like this so someone can setup the textures and create the layouts and cameras for the layout. 3dsimed3 does not really like the track anyways as its too large. So if someone picks up this project i can upload it to the workshop and credit the person who helps to finish it.

Emery, Corti, svictor and 9 others like this.
  18. philrob

philrob Registered

I have downloaded your track and have started updating tex/materials/settings etc. i have no idea how it will turn out but looking ok so far.
    I have not touched the cameras, not my area, so hoping somebody jumps in to help.

Superdevil, svictor, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  19. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I talked privately with Emperor, I have no experience but I'm going to try to do the cameras for the longest layout.

Superdevil, svictor, pkelly and 5 others like this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered