Safety cars to be included in total laps

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Petethepawn, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Currently when a safety car is deployed it adds laps to the supposed number of laps predefined. Say the race was meant to be 20 laps, and a safety car came out for 2 laps it increases the number of laps to 22. Is there a setting that can be changed so that the safety car laps are included (not added)? Thanks in advance.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Very few offline people use the yellow flag/safety car due to several problems the AI have during yellow flag periods. There might not be anyone here with experience... Is this for solo offline or when the safety car is controlled online by a real driver?

Petethepawn likes this.
  3. Brent

Brent Registered

This can be set in the rfm and you can use it when you make a rfmod with the mas2 utility. Of course ISI/S397 leave us a well informative comment to tell us what values to use and it's up to us to decipher what 0 and 1 does LOL. I believe from memory 0 doesn't count laps and 1 counts them. Use notepad to edit the rfm (the need to manually editing files is what RF2 does so well). Other race and yellow flag options can be adjusted with this. I find the default rfm and save as to create my own to edit/use as needed.

CountCautionLaps = 0 // Whether caution laps are counted towards the total number of laps; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Seven Smiles, Petethepawn and Lazza like this.
  4. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Awesome thanks Mate

Brent likes this.
  5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

It's universal in software that 0 means no/false and 1 (or non-zero) means yes/true so CountCautionLaps = 0 no, don't count them; CountCautionLaps = 1 yes, count them.

Brent likes this.