Nurburgring 1967 dreamers

Discussion in 'Locations' started by juanarg70, Dec 3, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you don't mind the AI doing loops and running off the track several times a lap...then I could help!

jimagn and Mauro like this.
  2. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I've sent you the devmod folder!

davehenrie likes this.
  3. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

okay i got a rudementary new ai made for the track. im currently making the left and right side AIW's i already did a fastline and blockingline for the track. to finish up the AIW, so basically the next thing to fix is the surfacegaps on the track. there is not alot of them but couple of them and they need to be extensively logged so i know where they are so i can take the track to blender and fix it on there and reexport the trackpieces.

Mauro likes this.
  4. EmperorOfFinland

btw the track is broken the finish is wrong way around so dont make AIW for that

5. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i will redo the AIW file at a later date, i made it complete only to notice that it wont work as i had put the pit things and the finishline wrong way.

6. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Later this day I will continue the gap logging! Cheers

Mauro likes this.
  7. EmperorOfFinland

I have a rather odd problem, the track does not log the laps correctly, it keeps switching between the last sector and the first sector for some reason. could this be because of the ordering of the racesurface objects?

8. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i fixed it, i had accidentally put some of the sectors front face facing the wrong direction so i just reversed the faces and it works now. i also got the AIW mostly done. Im currently testing it.

juanarg70 and Mauro like this.
  9. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Some gap logging pics:
    sudchleife-batonschleife-junktion:
    [​IMG]

entering-nords
    [​IMG]

before-long-straight
    [​IMG]

More to come. just testing how they loook here.

Its useless.. barely see the gaps. I shared them in drive. there they had better quality

Max Dralle, atomed and Mauro like this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Wondering why you are trying to remaster this part when Sergio Loro has already created it? Perhaps ask to join up with them?

11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

I think sergio loro sudschleife is a payware track

This is the ac track conversion, it's already completed with "nord" and "sud" track merged. And all permission gived

12. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Also.. I think Sergios are completly new tracks, terrain, meshes, vegetation etc. Awesome content to buy. I have it. This track conversion wouldn't make sense if he adds the nordschleife I think. I'll buy it no doubt

vava74, atomed and Mauro like this.
  13. EmperorOfFinland

So basically this is the only combined nords that im aware of for RF2 that is publicly spoken about. So basically we could split the thing in parts if required and make the parts as they are infact part of the existing track. as all the things for it exists. and im atleast commited on making the combined and the nordschliefe versions of this track. but making the smaller ones should not be that hard to do either.

philrob, Mauro and atomed like this.
  14. EmperorOfFinland

So i could basically make the beton loop and south loop for the track with the normal nords as they are part of the original track. And its probably way less pain in the ass to make in terms of AIW than the combined ring or the nordschliefe.

But since i have not made any track with different configurations it would be nice if someone could explain how to do it so i can get on to making the aiw files for the other variations too.

juanarg70 likes this.
  15. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

[​IMG]

I might be wrong. But I think all it needs.. its a duplication of the main folder (the one that has .scn aiw, cam, .tga etc). And renaming the files like the image shows. Probable folder/files names: Gesamtstrecke, gesamtstrecke_sudchleife, Gesamtstrecke_nordchleife and Gesamtstrecke_batonschleife. The .scn files I would leave them intact.. just changing the searchpath on each variation folder. Aiw files and maybe cam files need to be different for each variation. I dont think the rest needs to change. Each .scn would call for different xsectors.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    bears likes this.
  16. EmperorOfFinland

so the gesamtstrecke is otherwise on beta expect for the camera file, as this is a long track making the cameras takes alot of time. And i have stuff to do today so i wont continue with the track today. Also i have the F1 1982 League Edition that i should be also working on so my time is bit limited as i have to work on something else too.

I also need to add the animated marshals to the track. That should be fairly quick but you can probably scout the places for the marshalls on the track so i can put them in.

17. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I can get on this tomorrow night. Do you prefer coordinates by memorizing xyz in 3dsimed?

18. EmperorOfFinland

hmm that also works but you can send the images of where the marshalls are supposed to be. i will input some marshalls on there on the model that i currently have

19. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Okey.. I will start logging the marshals going through the track in 3dsimed. Some marshals are already in position. Heres an example on how I mark new ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uploaded pictures in drive folder

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    pascom, Max Dralle, atomed and 3 others like this.
  20. EmperorOfFinland

hmm this will ease it up so i can slap the marshall with the flag over there the other marshalls are not animated at all so it means i have to completely replace them unless you have the animation files from AC for me so i can integrate them