How to turn off cockpit head movement ?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by sti228, Feb 8, 2017.

1. sti228

sti228 Registered

Hello. Someone can tell me how i can turn off completely cockpit head movement ? I try and change some UI settings but don't help :( I want to get this result.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

In the player.json file, search for cockpit, and adjust the values that pop up.

3. sti228

sti228 Registered

I try but don't help.

Code:
     },
      "Graphic Options":{
        "Allow HUD in cockpit":true,
        "Allow Letterboxing":true,
        "Allow Letterboxing#":"whether we allow letterboxing (during replays, for example)",
        "Always Rebuild Collision":false,
        "Always Rebuild Collision#":"Build collision database everytime tracks are loaded (for development purposes)",
        "Any Camera HUD":true,
        "Any Camera HUD#":"whether to show the HUD from any camera (in particular, tracksides)",
        "Auto Detail Framerate":0,
        "Auto Detail Framerate#":"Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold (0 to disable)",
        "Automap":3,
        "Automap#":"0=off 1=race-only 2=non-race-only 3=all sessions",
        "Backfire Anim Speed":30,
        "Box Outline":16711680,
        "Box Outline#":"whether to draw box on ground around pitstall and grid location when necessary; -1=off, 0-16777215=RGB color",
        "Broadcast Overlay":1,
        "Car Vibration Mult1":0,
        "Car Vibration Mult1#":"Primary engine vibration multiplier affects position of cameras attached directly to the car",
        "Car Vibration Mult2":0,
        "Car Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car",
        "Center Mirror Horiz":0,
        "Center Mirror Horiz#":"use Ctrl+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
        "Center Mirror Size":1,
        "Center Mirror Vert":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq1":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq1#":"Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)",
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq2":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq2#":"Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation",
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult1":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult1#":"Primary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult2":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
        "Compressed Textures":1,
        "Delay Video Swap":false,
        "Delay Video Swap#":"Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time",
        "Display Icons":2,
        "Display Icons#":"Icons displayed if HUD is off: 0 = none, 1 = flags only, 2 = all",
        "Display Vehicle Labels":2,
        "Display Vehicle Labels#":"0=never 1=single-player 2=multi-player 3=always",
        "Dynamic Vertex Buffers":true,
        "Dynamic Vertex Buffers#":"Enable \/ Disable use of dynamic vertex buffers",

4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

search for Head maybe ?
    sorry I am not in front of my PC

Juergen-BY likes this.
  5. sti228

sti228 Registered

Solved :) I set one setting in UI to 0 and it works. Thanks for help :)

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

OK, can you clue me into what that setting was? Or can someone tell me where it is? I don't want my head shaking so much. I like a steady head.

Thanks

7. redapg

redapg Registered

In the Menus Calibrate Tab, don't you have the Section "Visuals", with "Head Physics" and "Head Vibration"?
    There you can set both to 0/off.

8. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Hi, perharps you modified the 'Lock to horizon' value, checkit :)

9. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thanks Redpaq, I've had those set to "0" for months. I've gone into player.json and set all the cockpit and head settings to "0". Still my head bounces like on a spring.
    Stabilize horizon is off also.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

And in the Menu these 2 Settings are displayed as "off" and "0"?
    I also always set these 2 Values in that Way and there is no Head Movement anymore then.
    Try it with renaming your current player.JSON into player_Backup.JSON for Example, before you start the Game and then start it, that you get a fresh one.
    When you then set these 2 Values to off and 0, do you still have Head Movement?

11. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I guess the head movement I get now is just head reaction to bumps in the road. I've done everything here more then twice, with restarts and reboots.
    Thanks everyone.
    Apologies to redapg for spelling your name wrong in a previous post.

12. likes_simracing

likes_simracing Registered

Check if lowering/zeroing out the values for cockpit vibration freq and mult helps your case.