[WIP] CART Factor

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by zerocool, Dec 13, 2014.

1. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Hey Boxer, watch the video and you will see the detail on that cockpit. There is another video in this thread that showcases the penske cockpit.

2. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Hard to predict the full release. Potentially released in parts

Elcid43, vava74, bears and 1 other person like this.
  3. heisenberg70

heisenberg70 Registered

Just ONE car pleeeeease :D
    But: no pressure, hehehe...

PatientRF2fan and Elcid43 like this.
  4. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I have looked at the original model and added more detail and smoothed areas which are easy to do and add to the quality of the models. In regards to the cockpits, I have smoothed the steering wheels, gear levers and ARB lever knobs. I think with the Lola I also smoothed the top of the nose that leads to the cockpit reducing that faceted look. There are always more that could be done in the future but as I am sure you can understand with four chassis to work on, that is a lot of work. Currently I am happy with how the Lola and Penske look, hopefully will everyone else.

Mark

atomed, pkelly and PatientRF2fan like this.
  5. boxer

boxer Registered

May be I'm wrong and that's how the car is built. (I don't have an pictures so I really don't know and I'm just assumed)
    A first glance the portion outlined in green looked a bit sharp other than that they look great.

Looking forward to the update.

Attached Files:

6. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I took a bit of time yesterday to smooth those kinks out for you. I think it looks better now, so thank you for the feedback boxer.

7. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Sorry deleted post

: there was a packaging error with the sample car ........ sorting out over xmas

pkelly likes this.
  8. jepeto

jepeto Registered

i am fan about this car
    just need to learn how use it

9. jepeto

jepeto Registered

hello, can i have the version 1.0 and 1.1 of the cart reynard please
    thanks

10. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Here is a little taste of the Swift chassis.

pascom, Matt21, GertjanD and 13 others like this.
  11. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi guys, here are my tips for getting AI to work decent at ovals (still work in progress) and some tips for the base CART98 mods playability:

First off: back up your files upload_2022-7-21_11-0-49.gif

For safetycars/full course cautions:
    * Install the stockcar rules plugin as described in https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-fix-rf2-stock-car-rules.219153/
    * When doing this take good notice of what is mentioned in post #17 in the topic, otherwise in my case the SC does not work
    * In your player.json file change the setting of the damage removal to 2 seconds. This will ensure that after a crash the debris is removed in 2 seconds, greatly reducing the chances the AI will crash into the debris even when there is a yellow

For pitstops:
    * Only use timed races, not laps. Reason for this is that if you use laps the ai will make their first stop in normal fashion, but after that stop randomly way earlier then the pit window would suggest (as in stopping in lap 30, then 36 then 40 etc.). This won't be an issue when you use timed races, the ai will always pit for a full tank.

For AI racing feeling
    * In the player file i will set the 'ai logic override' to 1. To be honest if you set this to 2 and you watch the ai race then 2 would be the setting to use at ovals, because then you see 3 wide and many overtakes. However when racing the AI with this set at 2 it is undriveable for me. The AI will move all directions when you are close and i find it impossible to drive more then 5 laps without crashing. When set to 1 it works fine for me.
    * in the player file i have the ai limiter set at 99%. This will ensure the ai will spread out over time, if you set this at 4% (i think the standard setting in rfactor) then even after an hour of racing all cars will remain bunched up
    * i have ai aggression at 29%, but havent really tested this at the moment

House rules (for your own liking if to be used or not)
    * The AI isnt smart on the strategy part. So for example if you have a regular pit window of 50 laps and there is a caution after 25 or 30 laps in a long distance race (say a 500 miler) you normally would want to pit for fuel. Often the ai does not. I have the house rule i only pit when others pit as well.
    * When you use timed races the AI will always pit for a full tank. Even when there is only 6 laps to go. So if you decide to go for a splash and dash with 6 laps to go and only fuel for 6 laps you will gain an advantage. So i don't do that, i only pit for a full tank

For the CART 98 mod driveability:

* The basic setup for the car is undriveable you will spin due to oversteer every corner. So change:
    * The front wing to 1
    * Make a big change in the setup to the weight distribution and the oversteer effect will go away. I put it fully to the max (i think it is to the front, but set it to one of the max and you will notice it right away in the first corner)
    * Change the AI Fuel Multiplier (at least for indy). With default setting and the multiplier at the base setting of 0.99 i get roughly 33 laps with a full tank and the AI does between 39 and 41 (depending on their car). You have to test for yourself but i have increased the multiplier to somewhere between 1.10 and 1.20 to have them run the same nr of laps on a full tank
    * Unfortunately the mod builder did not do anyting with the oval tyres, meaning that whatever you will do you front tyres will be gone long before you have to pit for fuel (and worse, the ai does not have that issue). You can work around this in 2 ways, first of all you could just turn off the tyre wear at all. Or alternatively you increase the fuel consumption in the main menu (x2 or x4) meaning the fuel will be gone before the tyres are gone (just more stops).

Cheers, Ron

zerocool, Hazi, Matt21 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Damatta39

Damatta39 Registered

Hello and congratulations for your improvement and work,
    I had a question about advancing it or if we will have the chance to ride the Jacarepagua Fittipaldi Rio Speedway Oval 98 one day, understanding the work that this represents, congratulations to all of you

13. Corti

Corti Registered

this...? :rolleyes:
    jacarepagua_oval.jpg

14. Damatta39

Damatta39 Registered

15. atomed

atomed Member

CortiĀ“s treasure cove is infinite :p

16. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

Damatta39 likes this.
  17. Corti

Corti Registered

I don't remember now. Package with 3 layouts. I send a link to night :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    Damatta39 and Matt21 like this.
  18. Corti

Corti Registered

USCTrojan4JC and Damatta39 like this.
  19. SunBro

SunBro Registered

hi

any advancements on this? I was just watching the graphic update videos and wondered the state this is in :) thanks anyway for trying to update these beasts

20. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Things are still progressing; it's just taking time. Hopefully the end is now in sight. I will try to share some more progress soon.