[REL] Volkswagen Lupo 2003 1.03

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Sep 30, 2021.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Awesome! Thanks! :cool:
    Just noticed the title of the thread for the first tim; Is it intentionally that it's "Wolkswagen" and not "Volkswagen"? :D

Slow Motion likes this.
  2. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Nice thing to reactivate the Lupos in rF2!
    I'm thrilled, the little things are a lot of fun,
    However, you have to work a little on the tire air pressure.
    In the standard setting, very large rear-wheel spin.
    Thanks for the fine work!

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

My first impression is that It's a great reminder of the original mod! Haven't done any full races or spend enough time to get used to the Lupo again. However, the car behaves as *i***y as I remember it was :D I have to say that the visual enhancements are great (only LODs need some finetuning as car inside disappears much too early when seen in TV view) and I really like the look of the car given by new wheels/rims (although I would love if the original OZ Racing Superturismo would be used instead, also in their original color full white with the option to switch to yellow (was the color used to identify the current championship leader and the rookie leader)).
    Beyond that, may I suggest to allow the non-ADAC cup cars to use full setup options? Or make the physic of those cars that way it's easier to drive for all rookies (allowing to get used to the car and finally taking the challenge of the real deal. But that's just some random idea.

Now I'm looking forward to some races! :cool:

4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

What struck me is that you can no longer intervene manually with the automatic shift setting.
    The Polo then only shifts in automatic mode.
    Shifting up or down manually as with the standard 397 cars is unfortunately not possible.
    Is that wanted or can it still be changed / adapted.
    Of course you drive the Polo in manual gearshift, but it would be good if you could also intervene in the automatic gearshift (F7).
    In auto mode, the polo sometimes shifts down gears a little late!

5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Slow Motion

The physics of this mod are extremely good, even better maybe than the ETCC mod.

Regarding FWDs, this is now in terms of physics my reference mod.

The engine sound is quite realistic, and the other sounds are immersive (for rFactor 2).

The graphics are sufficient.

Nevertheless, given the very high quality of the physics, it would in my opinion be judicious to further improve the sound of the engine and the graphics of the cockpit (judicious because given the impressive quality of the physics, it would be an investment in time that one could qualify as "profitable").

Really a big thank you to Marco and his team. You are really good.

Ps :
    I would appreciate being able to upgrade in the GTI showroom to increase the power and torque of the engine slightly (between 10 and 20% maximum).

Thank you and well done.

6. atomed

atomed Member

Is it just me or Marco's cars have better AI than official ones?

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Personally, I cannot answer.

I always put a maximum of AI in qualif session, generally in multiclass, most of the time on the Nordschleife.

AIs do not fight in the same way as in race session and when an AI is faster than me I end up giving it up quite quickly.

In addition, I only put 10% aggressiveness, just so that the faster classes overtake the slower ones.

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'm not sure to have well understood, because the car can be driven shifting manually with paddles like any other car: this is an hardcoded feature in rF2

Nothing is different in the AI behaviours, I used "my own default" values for not very fast GT cars and same preset for rcd (talent).
    It is more probable that it depends of the good quality of the AIW track file...

I always set and tune AI using the old default values of rF2, 95/25/5, but, as you wrote, the right way is to set AI values depending of personal needs. Do not forget that a better AI behaviour in race depends of don't jumping the quali session.

pilAUTO and atomed like this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

Is it different if you let AI do a practice session and/or a quali?

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

For what I know and I've tested, the quali session is the one that shouldn't be jumped... I tested it in a deep way during the development og the GP3, so it means long long time ago and in the years S397 updated some code line... not sure in which specific field of the AI, but about 1 year ago something changed

atomed likes this.
  11. vava74

vava74 Registered

I believe that both practice and quali are important, I have the impression that during a long practice, with Mark Pearce/Top Secret's AI settings on the player.json file, the AI will "settle down" on the particular car/track combo and becomes faster and more consistent.

Then, quali is important for the AI to be placed on the grid in accordance to their speed and not randomly as, logically, if the fastest AI cars are simply scattered on the grid, as they will try to get to their "deserved" positions, they will be aggressively pursuing overtakes against lesser AI opponents, with the resulting increase of incidents.

I am slow, but I like AI to be aggressive - around 60 - but on the AI limiter I set a value of around 40, which will make the field more realistically spread.

On a normal length track, that spread will mean about 2 to 3 seconds between fastest and slowest AI cars, which gives a very realistic feel.

In any case, this could all be wrong and merely a placebo effect :-D

atomed likes this.
  12. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

@Slow Motion,
    I think you misunderstood me.
    The Lupo can be operated manually-automatically-upshifting and downshifting. (F7)
    Only the other 397 standard cars can also be switched manually at the same time in (F7) automatic mode, which is not possible in the Lupo.
    But when I remember it was also like that in rF1.
    Can you possibly still adjust that?

Slow Motion likes this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post has been updated with new build...
    Build 1.01 December 08th, 2021:
    - fixed working F7 key

Corti likes this.
  14. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Thanks, that's how it fits!

Slow Motion likes this.
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated
    Build 1.02, December 10th, 2021:
    - fixed Posled class

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Corti likes this.
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated with build 1.03 for fixing black rain on certain tracks, due to wrong rF2 code

Corti likes this.
  17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

One of my main "complaints" about car updates (not only this specific, but in general) is that the car looses (resets) its driver camera position values (camera tilt, front/back/up/down). I have to re-adjust those every time.

Is there smth we can do about this?

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Those should be sticky if you use the same skin each time. If you choose a red car, then a blue car, the blue painted one won't get the same adjustments as you previously did for the red car.

pkelly, Haris1977 and zxd1997 like this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

Some Time ago i did make a small Tool, that can help with this.
    Maybe you try it out.

lagg likes this.
  20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Very interesting (as idea) but when i upload my ini file (6,7 Mb) nothings happens:

Untitled1.png
    Any ideas?