VR issues - mainly with overlay

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by justposted, Dec 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. justposted

justposted Registered

I've recently got a Rift S and it's running fine in other sims, but I'm struggling with rF2. Not sure how many of these are known bugs, how many are just me, and how many are due to the latest update.

1. If I select 'HMD only' then boot the game, my monitor stays black (expected) but the game doesn't load in my headset either. Just get a 'loading VR content' logo endlessly.

2. If I load 'HMD + monitor' (or whatever the exact wording is) then I'm pleased to see that there is now an attempt at having the monitor work nicely so I can select things without needing the headset on. However it's causing issues in game. Sometimes the overlay won't go away, so I'm stuck staring at the menu whilst the game is going on in the background. So even in the headset I can't see the car/track.

3. I can't alt-tab away from the game. So I have to stare at the track loading screen and if there are any issues then I can't pull up task manager or anything else. This happened on the previous build (a week or so ago) as well.

4. I can't quit the game or restart a race. The Escape key doesn't bring up a menu, so I can't select anything. I have to ctrl-tab-escape, then type rf to select it in the (hidden) Task Manager window, then hit Delete to kill it.

Anybody else having these issues? Any suggestions?

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

use windows key + D to minimize

3. atomed

atomed Member

When I had the Oculus lots of.my issues went away.when I started using OpenVR and Oculus Homelessness.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Same here - try it!

atomed and juanchioooo like this.
  5. justposted

justposted Registered

6. justposted

justposted Registered

Well I've mucked about for a couple of hours.

The OpenVR thing made all the difference. The game works fine in VR now. Plus changing the resolution in rF2 to 1920x1080 solved my disappearing cursor issue.

No luck with the OpenVR FSR thing. Even setting it to 0.8 gave me more blurriness/aliasing than I consider worth it for the modest performance gain. Tried doing it the 'wrong' way round, reducing pixel density in SteamVR and upscaling with FSR, but that didn't do much for me either. Think I prefer to stick with reducing settings.

In the midst of all this I installed fpsVR which is a great little tool. It showed me that my GPU is only working at about 75%, so I don't know what that's about. Oh and my wheel rotation has gone wrong for some reason. Challenges to address another day!

Thanks again for the OpenVR suggestion.

Lazza and juanchioooo like this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The truth is that I said about minimizing and I forgot about the OPENVR that was more important:(, which also works very well, not so the FSR that in my case is not worth using it, I had a 1070 and it was going very well like this ...:)