Pit stop tires change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emmanuel, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

I race agains AI. If I make a race with one pit stop I can adjust the fuel take at the stop but it automatcaly also change the tires. I can I avoid the tire change? I would like to do two stints on one set of tires.
    thank you for helping

2. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

Disable the tyre change in the HUD before your pitstop

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Create two pitstops prior to racing, where only fuel is added. Or use the onboard keys to deselect the tires. You must assign a key to request a pitstop, and then assign keys or buttons for up/down, left/right, so you can make changes on the fly while driving.(which I don't recommend. VERY difficult to keep focused while futzing with pitstop keys. Crew Chief & another app are separate programs that can do most of what you want by voice commands.

pkelly likes this.
  4. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Thank you both for your help. I think that I start to understand it. If I am right, after having asking for a pit stop and entering the pits a menu will scroll in the HUD. This is where I will have to select what should be done during the stop. Next weekend I will test it, no time this week unfortunatelly. I think that I will install Crew Chief, it may be more easy than scrolling through a menu. I will let you know if it worked.
    Thank you.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you request a stop the MFD automatically switches to the pit menu. So you can then move to the line(s) for tyres and change the selection.

A handy tip is to bring up the pit menu before the race starts (as soon as you jump in the car) and change the settings then. Saves you doing it while driving.

You can flick through the MFD pages until you get to the right one, or assign a control for that page specifically, or just request and then unrequest a stop - the pit menu will stay visible.

Note that the auto switching to the pit menu relies on a player.json setting (if I remember correctly), but by default it's on and you probably haven't changed it.

6. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Good suggestion Lazza, making all these adjustment while entering the pits sound quite difficult so making it before starting the race will help. I will try it Saturday.

7. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

I just wanted to say thank you all for your support. I tried, programed a few buttons and it works perfectly. Thank you for your support.

davehenrie likes this.