Steering radius

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TomN_804, Dec 4, 2021.

1. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

This started some time ago and continues with the new build.

The first time I run rF2 each day the steering radius is equivalent to an air craft carrier. I have changed nothing in any setup or anything else. After I exit the game and restart the computer it's fine and the steering radius is where it's supposed to be. I've tried loading a different controller setup and going back to the one I'm using but it's still the same. Someone suggested keying the 'reset ffb' key but that doesn't fix it either. If I restart the computer BEFORE I start the game it doesn't matter, I still have to start the game, leave the game and restart the computer. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Tom

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you let us know what your wheel is?

I presume you mean the wheel rotation is wrong, so you're turning the wheel much more than normal. Resetting FFB won't make any difference there.

There seems to be a few people struggling with rotation recently, maybe wheel drivers are being treated differently somehow (hence your type of wheel could be a factor).

3. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

Yes, when I first run the game the wheel rotation is wrong and I have to turn the wheel much more than normal but after I restart the computer (not just the game) it's fine. I'm using a G29 which I've had for a while. This just started happening several weeks ago.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would say the game isn't communicating with the logitech driver properly, so it's not adjusting the rotation to the current car. You probably have it on 900° in control panel / profiler, so then when you drive a car with say 540° and the game thinks it's changed your wheel to that, you'll have very slow steering.

You may find some traction by making sure the profiler is running properly, but I've seen a TM T300 user with the rotation not being set recently which is unusual.

So, your other option is to change it from "Device Driver" to "Software" in rF2's settings, change the angle setting to manual instead of automatic, set it to 900° (or whatever your wheel's rotation is), and then rF2 will use the FFB to mimic the adjusted rotation.

5. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

I'll give it a go today....thanks so much for the help.