SOLVED Updating multiple servers to 1126 failing.

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Myrvold, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Luckily I have one server at 1226, it just makes it stressful for now.
    I hope that some techy S397 see this and have an idea what we should do! :)

2. Flipo

Flipo Registered

I have tried this option and it has worked for me
    steamcmd +force_install_dir ../rf2_GT3 +login anonymous +app_update 400300 -validate -beta v1126 +quit

Myrvold likes this.
  3. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Right Flipo, thank you very much.
    The key seems to be in the parameter: -beta v1126
    Now I have been able to update my server.

Corti and Flipo like this.
  4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Hmmm no change for me.
    upload_2021-12-2_13-37-55.png

I'm still really confused.

EDIT:
    What's really confusing is that even if the update to the new is struggling, I tried with different version, it should at least change something on one of the servers. It doesn't.
    upload_2021-12-2_13-41-14.png

Is there something I can check in regards to steamcmd not working correctly? Though, server 1 did get updated.
    EDIT2: Nevermind the last one, I can dl mods etc. through steamcmd fine. It's just the servers that are struggling.

5. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

New update from me.

I decided to try to install a brand new server. Same command (obviously), but making it server6.
    Same message. "redirecting stderr to 'D:\SteamCMD\logs\stderr.txt' which is still empty. Googling different stderr-things doesn't help either. Man, this is confusing.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  6. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Phew. Final update.

It was SteamCMD that was struggling. For some unknown reason it stopped working after server1 got updated, and it needed admin permissions and a bit of cuddling(or you know... kind talking to) to get started again. Admin permission I don't have as it is the main server for all RaceDepartment servers in all games.
    Why it suddenly happened, we don't know, this is the first time it hasn't been able to update all servers normally. Also, why it happened in the middle of the updating, so it only updated 1 out of 5 servers we also don't know.

I know what you all are thinking "why didn't you think of it before??". Well... I did, but needed someone with the pw. Also, as it worked on server1 I didn't expect it to suddenly throw a hissy mid-updating.
    Weird. But solved.

Positive thing though, it helped e.g @Brutten to fix his server :)

Corti likes this.
  7. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Further little update here.

Tried to use our .bat for downloading mods on to the server today. Same message there. Seems like SteamCMD have started to demand being run as admin to do anything. Not sure if this is a general thing now, or some setting that have changed on our server.
    Anyway, getting redirected to stderr.txt and command line just stopping - try running as admin :)

8. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Little confused my self. not even getting a response out of steam. is there something im missing.
    this is what rf2 user guide gives:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 +quit
    then when steam was working it said to force install first so i changed it and added the beta version:
    force_install_dir ../rf2server +login ****** ******* +app_update 400300 -validate -beta v1126 +quit
    So i did, but steam is not responding
    Am i missing something
    upload_2021-12-6_22-45-56.png

Attached Files:

9. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

been through all of them now, including suggested. tried a fresh anonymous install too upload_2021-12-6_22-57-23.png