Released New Build Update Release - Client: 7785258

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

buzz hornet, DJCruicky, lagg and 2 others like this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i use release candidate...
    should i switch to NONE to be able to see the new build update ?

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

If you use RC, you already have all the new features in the RC. They "just" applied them to the regular build.

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Thank you, I'm hyped for the new content we will have soon.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  6. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I hope it means new RC very soon...

Reiche likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Balazs Magyar maybe until last days of December cause they said new things comming and new content but no roadmap.
    To be honest i done care for another new roadmap and they also said some surprises comes this month so we jus wait a few days.
    just check twitter they post news there.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  8. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

9. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

hm..amazing update. when will come back the driver's label?

[​IMG]

sniper likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think when the future RC mentioned in the November roadmap becomes an RC. What just happened was the RC we already had got a couple of adjustments and a build number update and it got made the new standard ("None"). So we're still waiting for a new RC to replace the current one (which appears to have got the same update as the main build)..

Clear as mud.

mixer61 and mesfigas like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I don't know the reason, but the template folder has disappeared again, I definitely can't get the official game templates .... incredible, I don't understand how these things happen they fix three break 5:(:(:(

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Am I the only one who has problem with real steering degrees matching game steering degrees since new UI got these new options ? To me it is very hard to find joy in rF2 for that reason. I keep on tweaking and looking for solutions like complete noob of this sim.

At first I chose Formula Vee, steering had about 20degs mismatch at the full lock. Then I went to controller.json, noticed that both lines, read degs from driver, and read degs from software were set on false weirdly. I set it to be on driver, so rF2 does not mess my degs in driver every time. I go back to game, I find that extra bit of range got enabled in calibration interface, 1080 T300. Fine, I thought it was just it, drove nicely, FFB and physics reveals when you ahve properly matching steering. Then I choose next car, and again real steerign completely doesn't match virtual steering, I have degs set up to be taken from driver in options, just as it should be. At this point I just can't understand what is going on, everythign was perfect for a few years and now boom - is it me being absolute idiot (which is a realistic option), or is this game getting more broken (which also is a realistic option, especially as it relates to really not good UI in general, it is IMO killing rF2) ?

rand777 likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg you're not alone, but a T300 should have no issues once you set it up right. I'm against tech support in a thread like this though, as it gets confusing with other posts and is impossible to find later. So make a thread and you'll get help to sort it out.

mantasisg likes this.
  14. philman

philman Registered

I have same problem with a g27 and only since the last update.

mantasisg likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

From memory(a shaky thing at best), You should set the TM wheels to 900° in windows, then use the vehicle set checkbox to automatically adjust the steering range to match. Has this new software/driver overide confounded that?

mantasisg likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, tech support is not a place here, just wanted to know if others were facing same issue, still related to recent few builds. I can't play rF2 for that reason. I know from experience that this silly basic thing as simply steering not matching simulation, can be totally unnoticed for extended periods of time, even though it affects difficulty of car control and feel.

@davehenrie Thanks, I'll check it, otherwise 1080degs should obviously be properly supported, as it always was before. It is not something insane like pedals or gear shift lever force feedback lol And yes I have a suspicion that this is related to this new option in UI, previously it was just in JSON file, and it worked well.

17. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

And they don't want us to complain...

r00b Driver likes this.
  18. Fer

Fer Registered

hi, not being knowledgeable about the process and development plans, I will avoid commenting on everything that is desirable for users and surely developers already have plenty of evidence of this. It must be said that the reduction in loading times is a good step, now it is not lazy to take a few laps, since it is not as tedious as it was before.

19. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Paul Jeffrey

Hi.

I would have liked the Studio to spend time trying to reduce the loading time of the AIs, so that the work done successfully on the loading times is complete.

20. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

About the GFX adjusted lowlight exposure:
    Did a couple 30 min sessions in 19-22:00 ingame time (x5). Didn't once have that moment where road contour etc. got unclear in the evening/night transition, It was great.