161 lap Bathurst Enduro crashes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TheSecret1, Nov 29, 2021.

1. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Hey Team,
    We were running a Bathurst 1000 - 161 lap enduro on Sunday 28th November in Australia.
    26 Co-Driver teams.
    We had 3 game crashes for everyone.

You can see it on this video -
    0:40:00 (lap 8)
    2:08:21 (lap 28)
    3:33:00 (lap 28)

The instance of rFactor 2 booted the majority of drivers to a DNF.

We were doing Driver Swaps, they appeared to be running successfully, and then cars, with new drivers on laps, so they exited the pitts, and then they just started being DNF'd or dropped from the server.
    Driver Swaps were at lap 20/21.
    Crash at lap 28.

What information would you like?

2. Do you have trace log from the server, perhaps even from a few drivers that got dnf´ed as well?
    A result xml from the race/races would also be interesting.

TheSecret1 and 88mphTim like this.
  3. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There were some previous questions about online failures that occurred when each driver had different options enabled from the Tuning(Hangar) screen. See if you can verify if those options were configured identically or not.

5. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Everyone was advised to have everything the same, and we also had to make sure everyone had their LCD Panel OFF as it was throwing a GMT error. It is a bit hard to confirm this before the race with 26 cars and 52 drivers. I think there would have been 35 simulators as some people were swapping in person v's a HotSwap.
    Also, looking at the Results XML you could see some people had different Assists/Difficulty turned on.

6. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Here the safest way is to offer only 1 configuration so the drivers cant choose different options in the tuning. At least it was in the past but i know there had been some improvements in the past.

7. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Server Results XMLs have been added to the drive I shared, under a new folder 'Server xml'.
    The files did not save properly, e.g. do not have R1 at end, we believe due to the problem.

Trace was not turned on. (it now is, but that doesn't help.)

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  8. Binny

Binny Guest

Race stars TV has said numerous times that rf2 and the streaming and issues with the sim are not good, if he was not getting paid to cover these races honestly i dont think he would waste his time with rf2.

9. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Hey,
    I have uploaded some trace files from one of the drivers.
    In folder 'fwbradstracefiles'.

10. Thank you, i will review after i have set up CS - and then send to devs.

11. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

any news?

12. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

@TheSecret1, Bathurst 12hr today, hope you've had a chance to watch a little. Not sure if you got to the bottom of this, and equally not sure my 2 cents worth is the issue, but worth a mention. I've had game crashes due to my replay fidelity being set too high. In the past I never found this an issue (including hosting 161 lap Bathurst events), but more recently - maybe the last 2 years - replay fidelity being set to either of the top two fidelities (high?, full?) and the game would crash after 80 laps, very consistently... At almost the same lap/distance every time. When I'd check my Replays folder (within UserData) I could see replay files that were about 2GB in size. Seems to be a limit, at which point the game crashes. If you use lower replay fidelity settings the total file size (even after 161 laps) would be well under 2gb. I posted about this as its own thread previously but it still remains a thing.

Small chance it's what you're experiencing. Good luck.

13. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Thanks Sachmo. were these Server Replay file size?
    My personal files were <100 MB.

14. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

I'm not actually sure if a dedicated server saves its own replay files! I was talking about your personal ones. If you are running your server and client session on the same computer perhaps they are one and the same. I've always considered what I posted to be a client-side crash... so might be more relevant to individuals crashing out of the game based on their own replay fidelity settings. But again, if a dedicated server saves its own replay file then worth checking the server too (especially if it is a complete server crash).

15. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

we checked both client and server files and they were <100MB.

Maybe you have found another bug we are yet to reach.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

last test I did SOLO & offline added about 100mb for each hour of a replay. This was with about 32 cars if I recall correctly. (at Sebring 12hr). I've never hosted so I can't compare server replays to solo.

Sachmo likes this.
  17. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

:-D @TheSecret1 , @davehenrie, yeah sounds like your replay fidelity settings are lower than the highest setting, which is a good thing to avoid that 'seemingly' 2GB limit. Haven't tested it in 6 months or so, so maybe its fixed by now, dunno. In any event, if you found the replay files were far less than 2GB when you were crashing out of that event last December, then yeah I'd agree that this replay thing isn't your issue. Hope you figure it out sometime. I've hosted a number of Bathurst 1000 events in the past (hosting server as well as being a driver/client) and haven't had crashes other than that replay issue. In the last few days I've just been learning/trying the driver swap functionality - using pit stops for the transitions - and as soon as control hands over to the other driver my computer crashes out of the rF2 altogether. I see you do some driver swaps, but potentially aren't having problems with it. Ol' rF2... tension on the race track as well as tension hoping it holds up during a lengthy event. Sorry it didn't go well for you, a real shame I'm sure. Hopefully everyone made a good day of it anyway. And hope you find some answers before you're in another 161 lap bonanza.