Need advice on steering hdv/chassis.ini

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by JakeP924, Nov 26, 2021.

1. JakeP924

JakeP924 Registered

Hey there this is my first post in the forum so please be nice, I'm currently building a r8 mod using all the geometry xyz coordinates from the official gt3 lms ultra manual, I have started with the bes endurance r8 lms ultra file as I will use this for private use which Im using for car setup as I'm engineering one in the endurance series here in nz next year and want to use it to understand the car better. Anyway I have used the spreadsheet as supplied in dev corner to generate the chassis file corrected what I think needs to be corrected in the hdv and when I load the car in game it appears the car is bottomed out and the steering is working backwards?? turning left goes right and vice versa, graphically the wheels turn the way its steered but the car goes the other way. Its like the game thinks the steering is on the upright behind the front axle line not in front and hence its reversed. If anyway one can help I can send you the file I have created for the car and the spreadsheet file with the geom coordinates. Also I cant make sense of the steering column axis stuff in the spreadsheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Jake

2. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

I'll try to help you. Can you send me the files and the spreadsheet?

3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Quick replay for a quick solution on HDV:
    Try to reverse in HDV files these strings under Control section

SteeringInnerTable=(0...........................) (...................................)
    SteeringInnerTable=(...........................) (....................................)