The rFactor 2 Blog | Cars (Part 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Can someone please help me how to create a rfmod/series in order to create a custom offline/single player championship? I would like to race various races against the same AI. In addition, is it possible (with the new AI) to change the AI strength during a weekend as the level of the AI can vary a lot between tracks? Thanks a lot!

2. Schumi

Schumi Registered

"Stay tuned for Part 2 next Wednesday!"

I'm all the attention! Any news for reading?

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have the impression that there is a lot going on at S397 right now.

And really rather negative things.

This is only an impression of course, let's hope that this is not true.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes, we will have a new safety car skin, helmets PBR, and beauty raindrops effect on the windshield, all we need !

Juergen-BY and Schumi like this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Supposed to be coming in December a new update with much more then what you've said. I just hope it's worth the wait... I would love that RF2 had more players and a more vibrant MP scene, but since I am happy racing offline even with it's problems and RF2 still is the king of physics, I feel dispappointed for the squandered potential but I got used to it now. S397, can't you see that with the RF2 physics engine you could and should have dominated a much bigger portion of the market? There's something wrong with your priorities. You can still make it, but you can't continue doing the same things expecting things to change...

7. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

instead of updating an almos 10yo car, can we get the FE safety car?

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

maybe it needs to delay, all the attention seems on ACC, the peak players record has been broken, now 7152 !
    acc steamchart.jpg

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@AlexHeuskat do you know there are a lot of other people here also playing ACC (plus most/all of the other sims), who don't feel a need to keep bagging out rF2? Ever considered it?

Remco Majoor, Binny, Goanna and 2 others like this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

But I've just reported some stats....

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Ah ah.

Your sentence made me laugh.

I was like "finally a guy who thinks like me" lol.

Seriously, the biggest failure of S397, it is indeed their choice in matter of priority.

And yes, with the physics engine they had 5 years ago, they could have "won the heart" of a huge part of the simracers,....

Which is obviously exactly the opposite.

AlexHeuskat and Nieubermesch like this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Man, I just tried ACC again today and it really is too limited in their tire simulation. Cars are not agile and nimble enough and feel way too pointy, with ateering inputs that need to be excessively precise to drive fast and it's very noticeable in tight corners, where cars don't rotate enough - probably due to the contact patch forces simulation that RF2 does so much better then any other sim on the market...

This to say that RF2 could be much more then it is! There's something wrong not only with their priorities and slowness in fixing things, but also on their business strategies! The game starting at 30 has way too much old content that should be done something about... Something that when a new user that doesn't know enough about it can have the latest stuff available first and know that some other stuff is older... How many times I've seen people on steam saying it looks so bad... Newer tracks look awesome!

It's a shame they were bought by MGS to be honest... I don't think they are really interested in helping RF2 succeed as much as I hoped they did when they announced the sell. Imagine them fixing the problems and bringing somewhat affordable content to RF2... It would start to be talked about by content creators and everything... The game would flourish... They need to think this though if they want the game to grow and actually have more profits!!!!

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

We all know that rF2 tire simulation is the best on the market, and how great is the FFB.
    What I like so much too it's the graphics.

For me, my priorities are :
    - AI fix (fix Brake on/off, High quality AIW, AI skin selection, AI safety car, AI pit strategies, AI flags, AI slipstream...)
    - Shadows fix (the shadows on the barriers who follow you is so annoying, and general shadow cascades).
    - New sounds, it feels really bad compared to ACC, Raceroom and AMS2.
    - More More More tracks, there are only Nordschleife, Nurburgring, Spa, Monza, Azure, Sebring, Lemans as track laserscanned DLCs, 7 tracks only for GT/LMP is a shame for a game like rF2, it needs 20 tracks before 2023 (13 more, good luck)
    - PBR update for all the cars (interior of the old DLCs are awfull), and all the tracks like Sepang, Suzuka, even if I prefer laserscanned DLCs.
    - Graphics updates about rain and night reflections, the lights at night are old gen.
    - High quality polish about all the DLCs or free content (there are always some minor issues like bug sound, glooming dashboards...).

20211125033321_1.jpg

20211125033411_1.jpg

I really hope they will change before 2023, it's I think the last year for them before the boat sinks.
    With these graphics and the FFB rF2 has 10 years or more before being outdated, but if s397 don't change their priorites it will die very very fast.
    I have bought all the content, even if I don't use it or very very rarely, like Formula E, RCCO, Kartsim....what more can I do to help s397?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Nieubermesch and philman like this.
  14. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Next Wednesday...

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

That was yesterday next wednesday

16. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Yes, I know, but today on discord Paul said it would be next Wednesday. So, a delay, again.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Oh fuck.
    Again this poor way of communicating, discord.
    These guys are really not communication aces, it is still true.

Binny, philman and Nieubermesch like this.
  18. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Really stupid!

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

At least community has a realistic thing to look in future for :D

The NASCAR game will absorb a ton away from rF2, will it then give back later ? I guess depends if rF2 will still be profitable in their hands and if they'll get things done for N.Ignition game. Even if they care, they probably just don't have capacity to realize that care.

Meanwhile

20. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Everyone take a week to cool down.

PatientRF2fan, Badboy, pkelly and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.