RF2 physics? nahhh :P

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daniel Espada, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Daniel Espada

Daniel Espada Registered

This car is a mod but men how well demonstrates that the rf2 physics are above every sim out there!

Pawel44, Corti, Nieubermesch and 2 others like this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It was hard to understand what was the point till I found in comments what to look for.

Yes it is one of many details which rF2 shows its physics supremacy. No wonder in 2021 it is declining as being supreme is kind of unpopular right now.

[​IMG]

One of these supremacies tire simulation of course. Doesn't matter if fans of other simulations are denying this, they just cope with truth this way. Also Degrees of Freedom is great in rF2, and this is beautifully displayed in this video as car rolls this naturally. I think we all have seen videos of real cars doing this like that.

It is also great to have cars like this classic Cortina. These cars highlights physics, it is one of the reasons why I like cars like these more than modern cars. Modern cars has evolved so much, they have learned how to "avoid" majority of physics. Modern cars roll little, they are stiff, they mostly perform on strict static friction window, and has hard to notice usable switch into sliding before they are out of control (which is also exciting, but needs trained eye to notice, and fast hands and reactions to deal with), they have loads of downforce, thus mechanical elements such as load transfer has much less significance, a lot less beauty of weight transfer is seen, they go fast but look slow, especially when they need to be showed in such way that adverts could be as readable as possible. Also they have tons of drag, and this means they are far less economical and have far lesser top speeds than they could. This Cortina is definitely more aerodynamic than F1 or most racing cars today in terms of drag. Also they are much more relatable.

Pawel44, babu76 and Nieubermesch like this.