The rFactor 2 Blog | Cars (Part 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomed

atomed Member

Don't feed it.

GertjanD, Manfredk2, svictor and 2 others like this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It is necessary and it is normal and legitimate to respect the modders and their work.

But we still have the right to consider that the majority of car mods are not at the level that we personally expect, and therefore that we do not use it.

We still have the right to prefer official car content the vast majority of the time.

Everyone just does what they want.
    If this is a problem for you, look elsewhere.

Not respecting the way others use rFactor 2 is a mistake, start by respecting others.

And when a modder is particularly good, I'm the first to say it (SlowMotion).

[A remark : And then it's not as if 55 cars aren't already a good number. In reality, car mods could be dispensed with due to the number and quality of S397 cars."]

3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

No one is saying that about prefering official content, the problem is that the person in question doesn't respect others opinion and work at all...

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Ok, sorry, I won't use the 'crappy' word for any mod.
    To make an effort, I will test the Mazda Mx5...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

There are mods wich are pretty crappy, but still shouldn't be called that, because they are free... If they are paid content thats another thing entirely. Test some of wich I sent you. Some like the Super GT are somewhat based on the Super GT made by ISI or S397, or don't know. The Caterham if you like that type of driving is also a blast!

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Blessed is the ignore list.

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Hmm I may have taken it for me that's why. Bad interpretation, no doubt.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think you missed the point of my post a bit. I am not telling anyone how they should enjoy their sim racing time. But going to a forum and tell everyone that mods are crap while only official content is good is complete nonesense. I think alot of people would be surprised if they knew how much of the content that we use - even content by S397 started as mods or were created by people from the modding community. And this doesn't just apply for rF2 but the whole gaming industry as some of the most successfull titles were mods in the first place, with Counter-Strike, PUBG or DayZ being very popular examples.

Remco Majoor and vava74 like this.
  9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

As I said in my last post, I took your post for me (I was wrong).

I would never say modders suck, I would never put them down (like someone else did).

On the other hand I say, and this is only a personal point of view (personal), that in terms of physics (physics), a minority of mods equal the official S397 content.

And as my priority is physics rather than immersion (graphics, sound, exciting cars like the C group...), well I only use the S397 (car) content, associated with less than 10 modded cars both with great rigor + competence + realism (real data + possibly with real pilots and teams).

This is why I have great respect for SlowMotion in particular, but not only of course.

I have nothing against modders, I wouldn't allow myself.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

As this time is about automobiles, will the Lamborghini be included in the GT3 in future? Thank you!​

juanchioooo
    Good question, and I would be rich if I could predict the future. The main reason why we did not add this car to the pack yet is licensing cost. Of course, that might change over time. If we get a better deal, we’ll consider it.​

---------

Give us a Lamborghini pack; GT3 & Super Trofeo - sell like hot cakes :D

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Paul Jeffrey

For the blog :

Could we have a GT with a mythical V12 engine, that is to say with a fabulous sound ?

For example MC 12 GT1, 599 XX, Enzo Fxx, LaFerrari Fxx, Lambo Essenza, Pagani Zonda R (THE BEST V12 SOUNDING OF THE WORLD), etcetera.

Thank you.

Sim_Player likes this.
  12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The hell did I just read?

Remco Majoor likes this.
  13. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Why with all these great mods being made and talented modders around, can S397 not find people to fill the vacant positions? I would be chomping at the bit to work with S397... surely they would be getting quite a few applications? I guess not many people have the know how plus a degree in physics.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

With all this off-topic chit-chat 'tween just a few of us....has anyone else noticed the week flew by WITHOUT part 2 being released? The planned RC update is late, the 'new' car...still a mystery?

15. RoWo

RoWo Member

"This new post will be the first of a 2 part release, with the second blog set to land next Wednesday 24th November."

Nieubermesch likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ah thanks, I thought it was NEXT Wednesday, which would have been the 17th. My bad.

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Reading the latest news blog from AMS2 it's a bit sad, that Reiza will release their CART content before there is something like that on the radar for rF2, atleast from the official side. As a long time user I allways wondered why the Reynard wasn't atleast considered to offer something truly unique that no other sim offers. Now even that ship has sailed. They also have a great way of expanding their content selection, while I sometimes feel that rF2 starts to lack focus a bit with the Formula Pro and the BMW Class 1, wich aren't bad cars but just don't fit into any class.

On a positive note, it's good to see that Group C might be considered in the future. There comes a point when you have enough GT3 cars in your sim and saturation kicks in.

18. lagg

lagg Registered

I suposse that it's a matter of tastes. IMHO they are finally focusing in interesting cars, instead of releasing another GT3. Formula Pro and M4 C1 are tricky and fun cars to drive. But i understand that many people prefers GT3.

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

It's ironic that for all the talk about 'no road cars, real race car sim'.... most of the recent cars have been fictional (BMW DTM, Rcco Ex, Formula Pro, new announcement of the BMW Formula Pro) .

20. lagg

lagg Registered

I understand you, but it's another way to use a simulator.
    IRL the simulator, not only is used to check and train a real car is used to develop cars too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.