[REL] F1 LEGENDS RACING 2.0 [Released]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Gracie Dylan

Gracie Dylan Registered

2 days in and I am loving rf2 & especially this mod! Especially when combined with the M4B mod.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Would appreciate some clear number car templates as I am trying to recreate a past GPL season.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Just wondering if this mod will be updated in future? Maybe new car shaders added? Would love some bump maps on these beauties!

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

5. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Not planned right now, but thanks for suggestion! :)

6. BorekS

BorekS Registered

hi, as said, no update in a near future. I cant remember, but the cars should be bump map equipped. dashboards and bodies minimally should use some such kind of shader. I didnt touched the mod since the public release, so can be that feature inactive doe some later game update? I think some body bumpy rivets and panel was noticable when wet / rain?

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

In case
    If you need i can easily update car icons for new (and old) UI
    (old icons don't work with new beta Ui)

P. S. And just for your curiosity, this is the new official rf2 modding guide https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  8. BorekS

BorekS Registered

hi, I can only guess what all is reworked since my last game play a year back, lol. just let me know in a personal discussion, some screenshots wold be welcome ;)

9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I think it depends on the shaders used, but I know for sure that the newest car shaders does not support bump maps. I have believed that this mod used the older version that supported them. I'm not sure if the latest core game updates have completely removed that. I had thought that the 1966 Brabham used bump map for the tire treads, and that was still working. So I think it is a shader selection thing.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Do you mean they no longer support bump maps, but normal maps instead? Car textures still support normal maps with the new shaders.

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

We been driving this car over at SR4L. We started a championship with them last week. It's fun. It's the first time I've driven them.
    @BorekS
    Thank you for the mod. If you have any plans to update them, something you could look at is the .cam file.
    In your .cam file under Cockpit your LODMultiplier is set to 100.0x. This should really be 1.0x.
    Basically if you use Cockpit view the game is rendering 'everything' on the track, including objects miles in the distance that you don't see.
    Setting it to the default 1.0, should get some extra performance.
    Reading back this thread, some people did report some FPS issues.
    Thank you again for the mod.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    svictor, Hazi, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  12. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Yes please. Or maybe someone could jump in - don`t think BorekS has time for that anymore...

13. Pauli Partanen

Using 1 will sadly broke it and old rf1 cockpit appears middle of cockpit to annoy you (you have 2 cockpits). Cockpit
    model needs rework

Mauro and atomed like this.
  14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Never mind, thank you for looking.
    I never saw a 2nd cockpit appear when I tested it. I did however see the drivers arms go missing. That was an easy fix, I changed the LOD out numbers of the driver in the .gen file to 30 metres and they were back again. Think it was set to only 0.02.
    But I think I see what you mean, I see unfortunately the driver does not fit too well, his neck does not line up with helmet, and his bottom is on the ground :O.
    20211120191759_1.jpg
    Not to worry.

15. svictor

svictor Registered

This is the identical issue (even with same LOD values) @trollray encountered when he was fixing F1 1979 mod, which consists of 2 cockpit models (bigger model for cockpit view, smaller for external view) & 2 driver model (one that is for external view and can not move, and one that moves is for cockpit view).

To fix:
    You will need "Two" Instance=DRIVER sections. One of the Instance=DRIVER that contains animated driver/arm gmt should be placed under Instance=COCKPIT section (make sure it is placed inside Instance=COCKPIT brackets). Another Instance=DRIVER is placed at normal position (anywhere inside Instance=SLOT<ID>) which contains static driver gmt.

You can also take a look at F1 1979 mod's gen file to see how it works. Good luck!
    -----------
    PS: Anything inside Instance=COCKPIT section are only visible from cockpit view.
    And any gmt lines placed between Instance=SLOT<ID> and Actor=VEHICLE are visible from all views.
    The concept is to move RF1's "cockpit only" gmt into Instance=COCKPIT section, and keep "external only" gmt in separated own instance. And if you wish to show a same gmt for both view, either repeat it in both instance; Or, place it between Instance=SLOT<ID> and Actor=VEHICLE.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Mauro, Eric Rowland, pkelly and 8 others like this.
  16. atomed

atomed Member

Dude, you are awesome.

17. Pauli Partanen

Nice!

18. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Looks like I opened a Can of Worms for you guys. Sorry about that :D.

svictor and djvicious like this.
  19. Pauli Partanen

lol! If somebody has time to fix this mod with DJCruicky:s info, just pm Mauro on forums. I'm not modding anymore and BorekS don't have time.

Emery and svictor like this.
  20. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I've sent Mauro my updated .gen and cam files. He is welcome to use them.
    He give me a sneak peak of the new car icons he has made. They all look good.

We had our 2nd league race with the cars on Sunday at the deadly Spa 1966 track.
    12 Laps with 21 drivers.
    20211122140740_1.jpg
    We did have a number casualties, but half of us did finish the race.

Thank you for making the mod.
    DJC

svictor, Manfredk2, vava74 and 4 others like this.