Configuring devmode for car livery paths

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Deleted member 58016, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Hello

I am pretty new to the forum and I have just started car painting in rF2 a few months ago. I wanted to make my own package with icons, preview picture, the livery itself and so on, but I am not able to load the car in devmode.

I am using the current release version of rF2 with content from Steam workshop and DLC from s397 - at least the installation is around 100 GB. Everything is installed in default path and folder structure.

I have done a livery for C8.R Corvette from GTE DLC which loads fine in the simulation (customize option when selecting the car) and I can use it on track.

I have copied the C8.R folder from rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles to rFactor 2\ModDev\Vehicles and when I am starting devmode (shortcut and Steam menu tried) I can select the C8.R from cars menu ... but ...

I do not see a preview of the car and within tuning menu I do not see the car itself. I cannot create a "loose skin directory" because it is pre-filled with "Userdata\player\settings\<retail rfcmp name>\C8R...." - it does not matter if I create the folder by myself (as I can see it in rFactor 2\userdata\player\settings).

I have attached two screenshots ... it is all the same with the skipbarber sample car.

All I have changed is "screenshot format = 3" in player.json - but I am sure, it did not work before the change; I have deleted userdata of moddev folder, but that does not help, too.

What am I doing wrong?

Would someone please be so kind and explain in detail how to configure and start devmode? How do I get rid of the <retail rfcmp name> in the path for the loose skn directory?

I have tried a couple of things and got it only once working, but after restarting the car does not show up again :-(

Thanks in advance,

Dietmar

Attached Files:

2. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Hi Dietmar,

the mas files of the car need to be directly in the car directory for DLC cars. Then should work and the cars are visible in Dev Mode.

[​IMG]

3. Hello

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delayed answer.

Finally I managed to have the C8.R available in devmode.

I did not recognize that "retail cmp name" in the paths name is just a placeholder and not a variable which must be "filled" (don't know how to explain it).

I copied the C8.R directories from rfactor2/installed/vehicles to rfactor2/moddev/vehicles and copied my own livery files to rfactor2/moddev/vehicles/corvette_c8r_gte_2020 and was able to use it in devmode and also to do screenshots etc. in "tuning".

So it was more an error "in front of the screen" than of the application ;-)

Thanks, Dietmar