The rFactor 2 Blog | Cars (Part 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers,

A rather sizeable collection of questions and answers are now available, the much delayed rFactor 2 Blog latest release is here - Cars!

This new post will be the first of a 2 part release, with the second blog set to land next Wednesday 24th November.

Read up on all the latest responses, here: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/11/the-rfactor-2-blog-cars-part-1-of-2/

Enjoy!

Cars Blog.jpg

2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Instead of leaving all important and/or physics related questions at "I don't know" or "I will definatley pass this on" the corresponding employee responsible should actually reply, so that instead of a personal blog of the community manager, we get an actual article of value with S397s official statements and outlooks.

3. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Sad. :(
    Thanks anyway for the blog, now at least we can know what to expect in the future of this sim. Keep up that good work!

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Minor issue ofcourse but please disable the on screen low/med/high notification when you use the wipers - we know they work. We see them :) (i know you can do this in settings but this option disables ALL the on screen notifications, like the seat tilt, seat move etc)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

haha, thank you, forgot if I even left a damage model question :D

They did answer on tyre punctures though from sharp objects, which is something

Sim_Player and GertjanD like this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am happy to have gotten answers to my questions.

1.Surprised about manual transmission answer about hardware. Sounds ambitious, and at the same time unlikely to happen.

2.I would be happy to compile better information about issues I have in rF2 with solid axles, I'm looking forward to having time to do that. I am excited about this.

The rest of Q/A is also very interesting to me, as much as there were available answers. For example, it was fascinating to hear that Studio had ambitions on bringing up GroupC mod. Besides that, it was interesting that DRM mod team was interested in bringing up their cars up here and have been communicating with S397. I hope such plans resumes some day, at the right time, and brings benefits to everybody.

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Thank you for all your work, it's nice to see there is so much to do.
    I have more questions :

- Can the shadows issues on the barriers who follow you be fixed, if not, can't you just disable shadows only for these barriers for a temporay fix ?

- What about a weather start session setting, where we can choose %wet + %stand water for the start of the session (in fact, all the ACC settings), it's a good way to appreciate directly the new rain shaders.

- You say it needs only few hours to update the PBR for an old car, so why can't you update all the old cars (particulary the interior) to have the same quality ? The inconsistent quality old vs new is very annoying.

- With the new Motorsport Game acquisition, I thought they will find new partners, to add in rF2 a full licenced serie with 10 new AAA laserscaned tracks, or 10 new hillclimbs, or many many new things about content, it seems they have just added money to hire for a short period Mr CSP from AC to make a beauty windshield effect....can they change the slow decline of rF2 (steamcharts shows that each month since december 2020 rF2 is going down, maybe cause there is no AI fix, no PBR update for the old car, no new AI features added, safety car is not usable). With the others games, AMS2, AC, ACC, Project cars, iRacing, Raceroom, Forza Horizon 5, rF2 is close to be the least played, only AMS 2 is worst, and with the new Kunos project and AC2, if Raceroom moved to UE5 or anything else, and with the future GT7 and Forza Motosport 8, what about rF2, can it survive ? (I hope but I'm really worried).

philman and felirrari like this.
  9. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Q: Why do you think the physic development aspect of rf2 became such a taboo? Any plan on lifting the obscurity away?

Just a thought but... maybe answering Risto... more than legitimate question... would be a start.

Seen this questions coming up quite often... every time... it get ton of upvote...
    And yet he keeps asking... so he's either a 'spammer' or -most likely- never seem to get an answer...

...for something that should be a given... but became a weird taboo instead.

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It's been several years since I noticed serious differences in optimizations/FPS performance between the different 55 cars created by Studio 397 over the past 5 years.

I was able to observe it very recently factually, unfortunately in the meantime I deleted the numerical results of my benchmarks (identical tests in terms of graphics and racing conditions).

But the differences are in some cases very high (from memory 104 avg against 113 avg FPS between a Ferrari 488 GT3 and another recent S397 car).

It would be really good to homogenize the FPS performances of the different S397 cars, even better would be to do it at the physics level.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  11. felirrari

felirrari Registered

I couldn't agree more

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the Ferrari is one of the few cars with a full pbr treatment. The new Corvette also comes to mind. If you are seeing a roughly 10% drop in fps with the Ferrari, imagine the drain a full field of PBR'd cars would incur. I agree with your premise, if new tech is brought out to enhance one car, ALL cars should receive the same benefit(graphically or technically) If one car got the wheel slip lights enabled, but no other cars received that feature, I would be complaining. So IF you can improve one car's looks, all cars in the DLC packages should also be upgraded.

13. Binny

Binny Guest

very nice read a lot of feedback.

14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

seriously I can live with the old PBR, but this example is the same for every part, they struggle to improve in every parts, they have too much work to do...all the core needs a rework, it's too much work for any studio....that's why I'm very worried, the AI fix and the new AI features are probably the most hard and long work, and they have not started it....About the sound, they have not started, and it will be very very long....I think it's a sinking boat, it's very very sad to state this.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nothing is beyond repair. I get there's a lot to do, but you're basically saying it's a lost cause. I don't think that's a reasonable view to take.

Binny likes this.
  16. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

Are there plans for a GT4 pack? This would be great to have with mixed class racing alongside GT3/GTE.

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have just said the boat is sinking and not it's a lost cause, and sadly the steamchart stats can't lie.
    RF2.jpg

I really want to see next year 10 new AAA tracks, 10 new hillclimbs, full WTCR and GT4 licence, sadly we all know it's not possible. For now, let's be honest, I play Forza horizon 5....but I keep an eye at the roadmap to see how they can save the boat.

18. Binny

Binny Guest

steam charts are they for all online users or CS users ?

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

both I think, for steam users, as rF2 is only with steam.

20. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I find it interesting that there is investment in INDYCAR going forward, however little interest in the vintage/historic Indy cars that forged the lineage of modern INDYCAR. I for one would be interested in the diverse technology presented in 1968/1969 Indycars, normally aspirated and turbocharged 4 and 8 cylinder engines, racing & stock block engines, 2wd and 4wd, two tire manufacturers, even different fuels blend effects. There are several cars that could be easily replicated to experience and enjoy these historic variants and period in racing history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.