Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I hated it the first day as it was killing my back but now I have pain relief I'm really liking it. Very short and tricky. Impossible to pass so will be fun, especially with a decent grid.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are we still talking about a track here? :D

mixer61, nonamenow, Emery and 2 others like this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

No......:p

Lazza and mixer61 like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Very tight track. Has a half decent flow to it once you find the corners though.

I won't be racing as my G27 shifter has started playing up - well, more than it was already. Now it won't hold the odd gears half the time. On a straighter track I'd consider just holding the shifter in place while driving, but for this track I'll give it a miss. Time to disassemble and clean, and think about long term solutions...

Have fun!

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Bad luck mate. This layout kinda got chosen by accident but it was too late in the week to change. It does flow nicely and it's a blast when you start nailing it. Shortest I've raced around that wasn't oval.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sorry about the dramas with the starts guys. Ended up a wild ride but thoroughly enjoyable.
    Server is set for the F3's at Croft (workshop). This is senormen's update of Feels3's track.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I dove in with a half reassembled shifter (having drowned it in iso alcohol) which then behaved, but then my mic wasn't set up for whatever reason and I hadn't properly telegraphed my late intention to do some racing so after a few distractions here I decided to abort.

Done a few laps to learn Croft and seems like a very cool track (I'm sure I must have driven some iteration of it in rF1 or earlier), unfortunately the shifter is back to its previous ways and not taking 2nd gear every time which makes for some fun/frustrating times. I'll probably still battle on this weekend regardless :D

8. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Hey guys, I tried this combo offline against the AI and it is a hell of a lot of fun! I may jump on the server if time allows. When do you get together? I see the server in the list, but I have never tried running online with rF2.

nonamenow likes this.
  9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Official practise is on Sat at 3pm Arizona time (MST) or GMT -7. 30/30/5/30 min sessions.
    Also there are generally peeps on at various times of the day for practise. Which timezone are you in?

10. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

I am in New York, so eastern standard time. 3 pm Arizona is 6 pm here? I think? Something like that..lol.

nonamenow likes this.
  11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So it's about 11pm there now.

12. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

10 pm right now. Daylight savings kicked in last weekend.

13. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Practice would start at 5 PM for you JustDave. I'm in Las Vegas and I start at 2 PM after the DST BS. The server is in Arizona where they ignore the time change so race time moves a couple times a year. Practice (30 minutes) is followed by a 30 minute qualification then a 5 minute warmup. Then the race itself follows immediately after warmup and runs 30 minutes.
    Hope to see you there!

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Great fun again today. I find Croft to be a very challenging circuit so it's always good to finish a race there with minimum mistakes. Ended up having a good tussle (yet again) with cookie but for the life of me I couldn't find a way past. Congrats to Chris, Bumble and cookie for the podiums.
    I have put Eifel Betonschleife up atm but I am happy to change if people aren't keen. So long as it's not a last minute change.
    See ya there.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Tucker Fleming likes this.
  15. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Aha! Beton = concrete! (all the Germans in the house say duhhhhhhh!)

Today's race was fun, though I got way too much practice and therefore made a complete mess of it. Nearly stalled twice at the start, lost about 4 positions. Ran into Jimmy and made multiple gear change mistakes and fell off the track and went nearly nowhere, and sat on there for 2 hours not realising that's who was talking on TS and even typed a response to him on the server. How embarrassing. :oops:

My dodgy shifter only gave me 5 issues all race (so a low percentage of approx 150 errors I made) but may have a new shifter by next week's race which will at least take away that worry. Maybe I need a new clutch mechanism...

jimagn and nonamenow like this.
  17. Emery

Emery Registered

I know you've got a shifter on order, but what are you currently using?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

G27. So fixable, and generally I would, but I haven't bought myself anything for 3 years so I thought bugger it :p

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Oh, yeah, the pots in those fail and the springs lose tension. Brilliant design to make a gaming joystick emulate a stickshift so Windows can cope and the G25 has that nifty selector to switch from H-pattern to sequential, but... I ditched my G25 about 3 years ago for same reason.

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server will be down for a short while. Switching to new build. ;)