Fanatec Direct Drive Degradation

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Adam Baldwin, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Marko

Marko Registered

I noticed similiar issue yesterday, it was not degradation, but the wheel was "clicky" when i load noords and lmp1, even if sitting in pits. After leaving the track it was smooth, back to track again clicky and after game reset all fine. I was driving couple other tracks before.
    Could be some memory leak or something that at the end kills the driver?
    csl dd, 415 driver.

2. Marko

Marko Registered

Hi all,

I am trying with
    "Steering resistance saturation":0, in controller.json. Found this on reddit. So far, so good. (for 3-4 days)

Marko

3. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

Is that still working? My CSL DD comes next week....

lagg likes this.
  4. Marko

Marko Registered

So far so good!

lagg likes this.
  5. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

Sweet thanks. Just got my wheel today and had not made that change. I actually experienced the grittiness after a while so I will be trying your setting out shortly.

6. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

Unfortunately for me setting "Steering resistance saturation":0 does not fix the problem. Still getting it occasionally.

7. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

I got the issue again while in game and successfully fixed it by setting the DPR to zero in the control panel while still in game. I didn't bother setting it back since I can't tell the difference. If I raised the DPR back up, the grittiness level came back proportional to the slider position in the control panel. I didn't try resetting FFB but I don't need to since I will just leave DPR off. I've been running now with DPR off in rFactor and I don't seem to have any issues with grittiness now.

Lazza and davehenrie like this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you posted that on discord as well? And Christopher said they knew the damper was an issue.

Would be good if others can confirm, as there's always the possibility of multiple issues floating around...

9. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

I think I did post that in the Discord channel also. I did see one of the devs make a comment like "it looks like we have a damper issue" or something to that effect so I think they are acknowledging it now.

10. Moro

Moro Registered

Had the same issue on my DD1. With every return to the garage force feedback got worse. Fixed it with putting NFR (natural friction) to zero.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

IS NFR only related to DD wheel bases? I have the Clubsport v2.5 & I don't recall that setting.

12. Moro

Moro Registered

I dont't know. Don't have another Wheel. But if you can't find this setting your maybe right. Anyway it seems there are more possible reasons/solutions for this problem. Damper, resistance saturation... seems quite weird to me.

13. Max779

Max779 Registered

Same problem here with Fanatec DD2, every time returning to the pits and press drive, FFB goes wild.
    Even when standing still in the pits and doing little wheelmovent, the ffb goeswild and starts oscillating.
    Only first session is ok, then i need to restart the game to get it fixed.
    Setting Damper and Friction to 0 did not fix the problem.

14. xiqui

xiqui Registered

Tengo el mismo problema con mi DD1 ps4 desde hace tiempo y ni Studio 397 ni Fanatec me han solucionado el problema, los ultimos drivers de fanatec 434 no me lo han solucionado, creo que ya es hora de que acepten solucionarlo porque deteriora mucho el relleno del ffb cuando pasas la sesion y el ffb deja de ser suave y se deteriora mucho hasta el punto de que puedes perder mucho en carrera.
    Como recomendación personal se podría implementar una tecla mapeada que cargará todos los parámetros de ffb como cuando se reinicia el juego, que es lo único que soluciona el problema.
    Saludos.