Dave Noonan Simed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by philrob, Nov 1, 2021.

1. philrob

philrob Registered

Does anybody know what has happened to Dave Noonan ? The Pits site appears to be no more, he has not replied to Emails to the Simed download site.

2. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Nope, I've also been monitoring the The Pits and haven't seen a sign of life for many months now.

3. R Soul

R Soul Registered

I could have sworn that a while ago, maybe 1 year, I sent Dave an email telling him the forums weren't working properly, and he said he'd contact the admins, but I can't find a record of it.

I just managed to make a post on the forum after reading from someone else that some of the checkboxes need to be toggled:
    http://www.thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18941

edit: did some testing:
    http://www.thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18944

eidt2: Looks like the above allows new threads, but we cannot reply to existing threads with BBCode.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    svictor and DJCruicky like this.
  4. philrob

philrob Registered

Dave is still around as he released a new version today 7th November, version 3.2B

5. R Soul

R Soul Registered

It's like that forum's possessed by a malevolent spirit. After trying wowmk1's suggestion and managing to get something posted, it's now forgetting my login session as soon as I leave the login page, or after a wait of a few seconds.

I tried doing a search for Dave Noonan on facebook and also on LinkedIn to contact him that way. There are many results but nothing to suggest any of them are the real Dave Noonan.

6. philrob

philrob Registered

Yes i have the same result when attempting login.
    I emailed Dave from the link on the Simed website. I have not received a reply. But at least he has released an update to prove he is still active.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

He still works in a sim related field and it doing fine AFAIK. I don't feel OK divulging where he works, so I won't. :)

pkelly, Emery and lagg like this.
  8. philrob

philrob Registered

Thanks Tim, great to know he is well.
    His tools have been of so much use to us Simmers.It felt wrong that he should just disappear.

9. R Soul

R Soul Registered

Here's an interesting one. I recently installed a new hard drive and did a fresh installation of Windows (i. e. started from scratch). I just visted the 3DSimed forum, logged in and was not booted out!
    I made a post with a link to the website in case anyone has trouble finding it.
    On my old drive I might have cleared my chache, can't remember if I tried cookies too, but the experience with the new drive suggests there's something lurking in the background on each of our computers that interfers with the site.

lagg likes this.
  10. philrob

philrob Registered

RS,
    interesting find regarding cache,cookies etc i will try and find which ones are the culprit.