Released Release Candidate Update | Client 7626415

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Binny

Binny Guest

Fixes are like GOLD in RF2 its all UI & CS and they should still be in WIP/beta still being tested by testers IMHO, I'm starting to think they have no idea about the code or how to fix or even improve it, they introduced VR and it cannot get fixes/ optimization so many complaining even with high end pc's. Maybe rf3 will be their calling as if this is the best they can do each month after month rf2 is doomed to stay as it is. Honestly dont have any confidence in them fixing anything outside the CS it seems to be their BABY even the UI has gone on the back burner like everything else but the CS.

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I know, just talking about them having slowed down the RC realeases because of the Nascar game for sure. Things were getting faster and then slowed down. Just saying the improvements is something to wish for. They fixed some stuff already, so better then nothing, but not enough I know.

3. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Since the latest update to the release candidate, we are finding that racers are being kicked out of sessions.
    Randomly occuring, but seems to relate to when exiting to the pit from the track. The cars we are using at the moment are the SMMG F3 series, on several tracks its happening the same. Switching to non beta seems to have fixed the problem.

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The last two weeks I found myself in the same position of trying out other products to see if I enjoy them more, especialy offline. The Legends pack in AC grabbed my attention and I also spent a bit of time in AMS2 with the 911 RSR, wich is one of my favorite cars in basicly any sim. That car simply tags all boxes for me: great sound, great handling , H-pattern manual gearbox and a naturally aspirated engine that just get's your juices flowing. (No Idea why S397 never considered this car over the electric stuff but that's a completely different topic :p)

To my suprise I ended up comming back to rF2 after I found out about the Trans-Am mod. And don't be fooled - it's not love and roses in the other products either. At one point I found myself editing json files in AC with the content manager because everything was fucked up as I started to grab content from different sources. The content manager itself isn't the most stable thing either, content quality varies as much as it does within rF2, and you have tons of bugs and glitches along the way that nobody seems to speak about, because AC is best according to a common opinion that some people manifested throughout the last couple of years. That you have to spent as much time editing stuff, working around bugs and shortcommungs, that you have to get your mods from as many different sources and that the steam workshop seems like a garden of eden afterwards - nope, nobody talks about those fantastic advantages of rF2. I had alot more crashes with AC content manager aswell and the mods aswell. And don't get me started on the freaking AI. If you think that it is good in other products ... it's clearly not. rF2 is love and roses in that case as you have atleast options and workarounds for the biggest issues. In other titles you are stuck in traffic with the artifical idiocy. Simple as that. It just comes down to how deep you dig. Trust me, not finishing a session and jumping right into the next one is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

It all comes down to what you are looking for. If your are a pickup online racer who likes modern GT stuff, I guess there are other alternatives right now. But if you like a sandbox experience with the fidelity that rF2 offers, with the option to enhance your experience with 3rd party stuff and with all the different features that it offers out of the box. We are stuck with AC and rF2 right now, wich just speaks for itself. And there is stuff that AC does well, like the historic stuff, and there is stuff where rF2 is better at. But currently there is no way around rF2 for me with all the crap that comes with it. :)

Badboy and Rui Santos like this.
  5. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

I hear... read stuff about rF3...

rF2 is so buggy... I have no confidence in rF3 being better.

I run in an AMS 1 league. AMS 2 on the PC engine... I did not buy it.

Fix rF2 first.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF3 would only be an advantage money-wise, and right now money doesn't seem to be the main issue anyway. To think a small team would be better starting from scratch seems very simplistic.

Rui Santos, Schumi and Nieubermesch like this.
  7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

The team is small so yes things take time.

Their problem is not that, it is the development prioritization choices that they have been making for 5 years.

Everyone will have their opinion, but as far as I'm concerned I find prioritization choices particularly bad, whether in very ambitious developments (UI, CS), requiring a lower development time or even the many things on which they would have in my opinion to decide to invest their time and that they have done little or nothing (physics engine especially, graphics performance,...).

But hey, we don't have our hands on it, which is normal, even worse, they really listen too little to their userbase (I find their attitude curious. An example, this is only an example. I made a lot of suggestions in the WishList part of the forum, as detailed as possible each time. I'm a bit like Mr. Wishlist here (I'm kidding). Some ideas are probably bad or unimportant, but I am sure I have had some good ones relatively often. Well never the slightest reaction from S397, not a little message like "this idea is good we will think about it" just as of course "this one on the other hand we will not retain it". I mean, their communication is curious).

So as a rFactor 2 fan we have to be patient, but in fact we only do that and this simulation is particularly frustrating.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you able to get us trace logs from these drivers?

9. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I'll speak to them and get them for you. It's not happened to me as yet.

10. akra

akra Registered

Christopher Elliott And you are not responding to my request for the csl dd, what a lack of respect for your part!!!!!!!!!!!

Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I'm sure they're working on it. Despite your frustration i think you're going nowhere with those manners and lack of education... People are crazy nowadays!

nonamenow, pkelly, Emery and 2 others like this.
  12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I really would like to hear about progress in fighting lags and freezes in online playing. Unfortunatly I cant read about efforts here nor in roadmaps.
    People keep on having those issues, quite often in the wrong momement crashing.
    Why cant a simulator just keep on processing but is hanging from some tenth of a second up to many seconds? Just keep on simulating and showing my physics please, if others jump around due to network this is not nice but far less dangerous.

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One possibility, Driver Evil Noodle and ABonar had different car upgrades loaded.

Andy Bonar likes this.
  16. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thats an interesting shout....I did see something about tyres in the logs.
    We can test that out tonight, if that is what is causing it, is that a bug or by design?
    The server was set as fixed upgrades, purely for the reason that it never seemed to stop upgrades in the past even if we wanted them to.

17. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks for the input @davehenrie
    Ive done some testing this morning.

I have not been able to replicate the problem, until now.

It seems that after you change your car upgrades to a different tyre, if you click force upgrade, this then causes the problem.
    After going out on track with a few AI, on returning to pit, the game actually shuts down, not jsut disconnects.

I tried this repeatedly, and every time while using a forced upgrade, the game shuts down.
    Resetting the tuning, but then changing tyres, does not cause this to happen.

This is happening on two identical servers, one with forced upgrades allowed, the other not.

I have ran the same test with servers and client on no beta version.
    I cannot replicate the game shutdown by forcing the setup in upgrades

I have never understood what this allow upgrades tick in the server GUI does anyway, but doesnt seem to be affecting this issue

Emery likes this.