Cannot join Dedicated server - missing content message

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Beto Robson, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Beto Robson

Beto Robson Registered

Hello, I would some help here, would someone able to explain what went wrong?

I and my friend we both have a fresh install of rfactor 2.
    In a VM in google I set a dedicated server following the manual https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/setting-up-a-dedicated-server.

For some reason, I can join the server but my friend cannot. He can join others server, but not mine.

I set a server with Silverstone and BMW M4. There is notthing in special and only free content.

He got this error message:
    Unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Beto Robson Can you check that the file downloaded correctly for him? Should be in his packages folder.

A trace file on his side may provide a clue as well.

Please delete your post from the other thread. You've explained it well here; two threads can get confusing for everyone.

3. Beto Robson

Beto Robson Registered

ok, post deleted.

@Lazza, Unfortunately hi is not available right now to try connect there, could you please try connect there or there is someone here who could help me here?

My servername is called "RdogFoca"

4. Beto Robson

Beto Robson Registered

We are also really interested in buy the Endurace Pack and Track Pack to run together among others friends here. But we need to be sure that a dedicated server works in this test using free content. Otherwise we are going to drop the idea of playing endurance experience here in rFactor 2 :-(