Cockpit shaking in VR?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Kenan79, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Kenan79

Kenan79 Registered

I've noticed when NOT playing in VR, there's a noticable in-cockpit shaking (which I like very much).

However, when switching to VR, the shaking is gone and I have a feeling as if I'm driving on a glass surface.

Is there a way to enable cockpit shaking while in VR?

Thanks in advance,

Kenan

2. Kenan79

Kenan79 Registered

Anyone?

3. Kenan79

Kenan79 Registered

Bump!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have VR, but no one else is replying...

Are you running any plugins like real head motion? That sort of thing won't work with VR.

Otherwise it may just be that some of the options in the game aren't applied to VR because they aren't considered appropriate. Hopefully a VR user can confirm what does and doesn't work, so you know it's not just you.

5. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Use the head physics slider found in the games controller panel for that effect.

6. Kenan79

Kenan79 Registered

I tried the HP slider but it made no difference. I'm not using any VR mods. It's just..the shaking is gone once in VR. I mean, the car reacts to bumps but that's it. In a Non-VR environment, the car shakes by default, even when idle. This is missing in VR completely.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would definitely expect Head Physics to be disabled in VR, as that's the g-force driven pitching etc that would probably quickly lead to nausea and a disconnected feeling from the game.

Head vibration I'd only be guessing, but it sounds like that would be what you're talking about with the car sitting still. I have that option off myself (I only use screens, remember), is that on for you? If that effect's disappearing in VR then I would hazard a guess they've also disabled that in VR. We really need a VR user (or a few) to confirm it's the same for them.

8. Kenan79

Kenan79 Registered

Head Vibration is also available as an option in VR but it does nothing really (whatever option you chose, it seems to have no effect in VR environment).