A real realistic Rally simulation new game / By MG + rF2 physics engine

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by pilAUTO, Oct 30, 2021.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

The world of rally games deserves a REAL rally SIMULATION, I mean putting realism at the heart of the simulation.

No recent rally game is really (sufficiently) realistic to me.

By realist, I mainly mean physics engine + realism of cars + more subtle tracks in their physics approach.

So here it is, my wish is a bit special and does not only concern rF2.

But I would like MG to create or buy a rally franchise, and in addition to the strengths of the games we already know, that the physics engine of rF2 is used, that the cars are as realistic as the S397 cars, and that the tracks are on the physics plan as detailed as possible.

The rally is thrilling in terms of pure driving, really.

Here is my wish, a little original I grant it to you !!!!

Barnaudprod likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

"Real realistic" sounds good to me :D

I think we should declare completely new genre of racing games which could be called "really realistic simulator", because just "simulator" seems to include arcades these days.

Meanwhile RBR and Dirt Rally 1 minus pikes peak, tarmac stages and few very unrealistic cars seems to be best options for years to come. Oh and AMS 1 has some good dirt stuff, and rally cross is pretty cool in iRacing.

It is a bit of shame how poor gRally turned out to be, but it wasn't promising from start.

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

In fact I would have loved Dirt Rally 2, if the driving realism had matched rF2, and maybe tracks with more bumps and real differences in grip.

Or quite simply, a really well chosen rally track for rF2, I had proposed at the time a track from the Catalunya rally which was fantastic, but pikes peak would be great too......

In PBR with the physics of rFactor 2 !!!!!

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

A real realistic Rally simulation would be great. Maybe far in to the future we will have one.
    Meanwhile a real realistic asphalt rally car and track for rf2 would be good substitute.

Barnaudprod and pilAUTO like this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Rally in rfactor has never gone well, the best simulator to date although it is somewhat old, is and still is Richard Burns Rally;):)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  6. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

and if you have the patience for it, beam ng is also really fun for that kind of thing :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

The rallycross in PC2 is quite good actually
    I like some of the attempts of AC mods as well especially tarmac stages where it can use the underlying Game physics, not so good with gravel stages although there is some file tweaking trick to improve the feel

Pure rally game for me is DIRT Rally 2, even if RBR is better at car physics, its just has the whole plug and play package

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Beam NG's crash model would be perfect for this, then you really have to stay on track to survive. I have no idea how the game is to drive, if its too boating feel?

9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I believe our best luck is the improvement (if possible significant) of the Targa Florio + the possibility of doing the track backwards.

Obviously, the modders who followed one another on this track, in particular @Sergio Loro, did a remarkable job (this is absolutely obvious).

However, there is still a lot to improve.

In particular, there are not enough bumps and differences in grip between the different surfaces of the road.

Also, a realroad including wet road + puddles.

An overall improvement in graphics :
    - Road textures (more natural aspect)
    - Slight improvement of trees and grass and flowers
    - 3D barriers
    - Improvement of distant landscapes such as mountains (more natural aspect in particular), etc.

But the most important thing is the bumps for the feeling of the track (it's an open road, in 1967 !!!!).

But of course, Sergio Loro did a great job.

I wish someone would return to work.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have the slightest competence to do it.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
    Best bet for asphalt rally...

Nieubermesch likes this.
  10. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

11. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I dont play it that often but I wouldnt describe it as boating; more like proper loading of the suspension.