Game boot into black screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hocician, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Hey guys, since two days i try to start my RF2 but whatever i do - it ends in booting into a black screen when the game ui should appear... it stays black till i cut it via task manager... no error... nothing...

Dev Mode is going into menue without black screen (old ui?)

what i tryed till now:

+ check for corrupt files
    + deinstall/install the game via steam
    + tryed all beta´s and old ui
    + took out all usb
    + followed the instructions from that vid ->

+ installed newest gforce driver
    + new direct X
    + different grafik settings/resolutions/windowed/borderless and so on

If i try the beta "back to old ui" i can see following messages in the startup log:

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Okt 24 2021 01:36:06

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod "GT3SeriesFebruary2021 1.1" references a non-existent component "Indianapolis_2020 1.06".

Mod "GT3SeriesFebruary2021 1.1" references a non-existent component "Portland_2019 1.04".

Mod "GT3SeriesFebruary2021 1.1" contains an updated component "Sebring_2018 1.01" no base component installed.

Mod "GT3SeriesFebruary2021 1.1" references a non-existent component "Sebring_2018 1.01".

Mod "GT3SeriesFebruary2021 1.1" references a non-existent component "Silverstone_2016 2.10".

could this be my problem?

Thanks for reading and maybe helping ;-)

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

try to install the runtimes that are in support, I imagine that you will also have verified the cache

3. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah, the runtimes (repair/install) was part of that youtube video... i did that two times without success... :-(

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Hocician Rename the Folder ..\rFactor 2\UserData into UserData_backup for Example and then start the Game.
    Does that help?

Hocician likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Those errors occur when you have or had a mod that used old versions of the Portland, Sebring & Indianapolis tracks. Often from online racing. Sebring is currently up to v1.28 & 1.29. Portland is v1.06. Indy is v1.11 & 1.12. So you can see the error messages are referencing the GT3 Series which used those tracks, all of which are now out of date. If you raced that GT3 series via the Competition System, then you need to find that listed...I think in the Steam Workshop. If it was a private server that you joined, you might have a GT3 mod listed in the packages screen. By default, the mods are listed near the bottom of the list. Also the Mod Manager program might be able to locate that mod. If you find it...delete/un-install the mod.

Hocician likes this.
  6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I have the exact same problem now. I can try triple screens again, but in V it does start for me, but normal 1440p single screen I get this black screen

7. Hocician

Hocician Registered

I did make this UserData replacement via renaming it ... this did help... game is starzing now... ;-)

redapg likes this.
  8. Hocician

Hocician Registered

thank you, cleant all these forgotten comp system "mods" that way... thank you!

davehenrie likes this.
  9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Did this fix the problem for you? It doesn't seem to do that for me

10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

hey Remco - yeah, the missing track and so on because of old comp system files did work - dont have that failures anymore... Thank you!