Loading times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ATQ, Oct 31, 2021.

1. ATQ

ATQ Registered

I haven't played RF2 in a while and just made a fresh install. I recall reading somewhere that loading times were improved in a recent update. Well, apparently not for me. My loading times are worse than ever, and they've already been one of the major reasons for not firing up RF2.

Loading the Nordschleife with a few AI cars takes well over 5 minutes. This is on a fast machine and loading from a SSD.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this? As it is now RF2 is on a straight trajectory for the trash can.

Neawoulf likes this.
  2. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Registered

Same here. Even with a fresh install on an SSD loading a track and some cars takes forever. Not great if you just want to jump in and drive a bit.

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Are you guys using the RC or the normal version? The improved loading times are only implemented with the RC and I can tell you that they are there. ;)

4. ATQ

ATQ Registered

Tried it just now and I got an error that some file couldn't be loaded, then the application stopped responding.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have just carried out a test using the RC version using Le Mans 2020 and 60 cars, all S397 GTE cars and LMP2s.
    First load 2min 50 sec.
    Second load 1min 30 sec. Both timed from clicking on race.
    Loading times have definitely improved with the RC version. See my profile for system details. The Steam folder is installed on an SSD.

Emery likes this.