Is HP REVERB G2 the best VR headset on the market (for simracing) ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by pilAUTO, Oct 30, 2021.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Hi guys.

If we consider both the qualities AND the faults of the HP REVERB G2, taking into consideration that it would only be used for simracing (for the moment only for Rfactor 2), and if we consider that its price is "accessible" and it's price does not give any problems :

Is the HP REVERB G2 the best VR headset on the market (ONLY for simracing and rFactor 2) ?

It seems very popular anyway.

Thank you !

2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

A parallel question and more specific for owners of HP REVERB G2 :

The SWEET SPOT, which seems to be small, does it have a troublesome or prohibitive element for simracing ?

Thank you!

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I'm using a G2 atm, far and away better than my previous (HTC Vive Pro), personally I don't really notice much difference between the sweet spot and outside of the sweet spot... New player on the market is Varjo, a Finnish company who have just entered the consumer VR market, expensive though, around the 2k usd mark. Pretty much all the videos on youtube are with flying games..... Search on youtube for varjo aero

4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Thank you for this answer, especially for the sweet spot.

In relation with the sweet spot, wear you glasses (I am).

FOV seems little compare to a lot of other HMD, FOV is it OK for you in rF2?
    In Rift S FOV was for me a little small but I was accustomed to it so.

Thx.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I also wear glasses and no problems with the G2, fov is good for me, just being able to look to corner apex helps a lot with lines etc…other members of the group I race with have commented how much faster I’ve gotten since going to VR.
    With my glasses normally I wear graduated lenses, but last visit to the optometrist I also got a pair with a fixed focal length (can’t remember what length though) which I use with the G2

pilAUTO likes this.
  6. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I bought one but haven’t managed to get it working well with my 1080 (probably no better looking than my Rift) and I also discovered that my IPD is wider than the G2's maximum (I think I inherited genes from a hammerhead shark o_O)

I wear reading glasses with it which wasn’t necessary with the Rift, I haven’t worked out why there is a difference.

pilAUTO likes this.
  7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

For HP Reverb G2 + rF2 + most simracing titles, does CONTROLLERS are necessary?

If not, is it really better to have it for rFactor 2 (and also most of other simracing titles)?

Because price is not the same!

8. Radkappe

Radkappe Registered

For racing in vr there is no need for controllers. You can use your mouse. But for changing steamvr setting while you are in vr you'll need the controllers.

pilAUTO likes this.