SOLVED unknown base cmp/ missing virtual cmp

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by HomieFFM, Oct 29, 2021.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Getting this now on every start up, content works fine and is normally installed.
    failed.jpg

Solution:

That's because you are still subscribed to something (probably CS related) and until you unsubscribe will keep turning up. Open windows explorer and navigate to ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960 and then do a search for *.rfmod. you'll then have something like this;
    [​IMG]

You'll see one or more there, see if you can determine which one is the problematic one.
    The number that I've highlighted is the steamID for that rfmod, use that (obviously change that to your problematic number) and go to https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=your problematic number eg in my case would be https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2632933454 (you'll need to login) and unsubscribe.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    atomed likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That used to bring things to a halt, so S397 at least recognized old content shouldn't break new content.
    Anyhow, you have a mod, or online session that used those older versions of the cars & tracks. Those versions are no longer available. So check the packages or mod manager to see if you have a GTE based mod. Delete that and you should be good to go.

HomieFFM likes this.
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

No mod installed or online session started, I checked the folders and these old versions are also not there. Don't know why it even trys to install these outdated versions

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The files were installed via the normal process some time ago. At least the cars & tracks. The mod that is using them is the problem. It was setup to use those versions of the cars, since those versions are no longer on your HD, the UI throws out that error message. Did you run any Comp System events?(if so, look in the workshop) Something is on your system that is looking for those cars & track versions.

HomieFFM likes this.
  5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

I did one competition race a few days ago.
    It could be a file in the ''rFm'' folder where it saves the car selection options for certain competitions. So you could be right.
    But I discovered that folder too late, after starting an fresh install xD
    I'm gonna come back and say if it worked

6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

it still comes back, it's starting with some ''winter series update'' and then comes the message in the first post and then another one, very quickly.

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

That's because you are still subscribed to something (probably CS related) and until you unsubscribe will keep turning up. Open windows explorer and navigate to ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960 and then do a search for *.rfmod. you'll then have something like this;
    upload_2021-10-30_8-54-5.png

You'll see one or more there, see if you can determine which one is the problematic one.
    The number that I've highlighted is the steamID for that rfmod, use that (obviously change that to your problematic number) and go to https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=your problematic number eg in my case would be https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2632933454 (you'll need to login) and unsubscribe.

atomed and HomieFFM like this.
  8. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

I've just unsubscribed to everything in that folder and it worked! Thank you very much!
    Also thank you @davehenrie , you were also right with your suggestion, thanks guys!

davehenrie and Goanna like this.