Shame on servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nicolas Cortes, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Competition system is a joke. Yesterday the server USA zone did not start in Ferrari 488-GTE competition leaving 8 drivers waiting. How do you think that you can keep a sim and a software development company like this ?

Mibrandt likes this.
  2. Comante

Comante Registered

Competition system is free and in beta , occasional mishaps are to be expected. I hope nobody got too upset to sleep at night.

trichens likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, stuff that was there pretty much at launch still hasn't been fixed.

SuperMonaco_GP likes this.
  4. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

I'll never understand why smaller teams like kunos, sector3 or reiza manage to drop constant and substantial updates every month and s397 don't. rf2 does give the impression of an already abandoned sim on many fronts..

Binny likes this.
  5. Binny

Binny Guest

Agree to a point only 2022 with the new employed staff will really let me know if you are right on all points.

trichens and SuperMonaco_GP like this.
  6. SuperMonaco_GP

right, except the game has been out for 8 years now.
    they already showed anything they had to, won't be a bunch of new people the solution to all that.
    so much so that I can give you in advance the main points of 2022 updates :
    - we'll see some gt cars fitted with the new tyres (beta off course) without fixing the setups bugs, off course.
    - some minor graphic updates on certain tracks
    - a couple tweaks of the ui
    - some new builds that will brake certain things that worked just fine before
    - a bunch of random cars as overpriced dlc
    - new competition series! (beta+buggy as hell)
    there you go, see you in 2023 for the 10th anniversary of rf2.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    r00b Driver likes this.
  7. Binny

Binny Guest

Got to have some faith they are listening to their users, if not its not worth being here or on RF2. Maybe they will or will not turn things around in 2022, IMHO it will be if they are actually listening and fixing / optimizing all aspects of the sim that the users still using rf2 are mentioning, not off on their own agenda otherwise they might as well just start on a rf3 and give up on rf2.

8. SuperMonaco_GP

mate if I am still here it's why I really wish things will improve, I love rf2 as much as I am loosing hope year after year

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I guess, as much as I am frustrated and annoyed by certain things regarding rF2 and it's development it's quite a far stretch to say that they don't care about what users want. It's maybe not allways our personal most desired feature or request, but I think it's well worth to acknowledge big improvements like the last RC from time to time. And funny enough, the immense reduction of track loading times has gone kind of under the radar unnoticed by alot of people and you still see people saying how bad everything is.

10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah... most of us are RF2 fanboys... but it is often very hard to accept what they do ...

For example... now they restart the comp system for regulare use ... with Mills!!! Mills... i get eye cancer when i load those kind of tracks!! this is the shit all the rf2 hater have in their mind when they think of rf2...
    I was not driving some month... in the cockpit the dashes are still looking like minecraft or lego! this is something everybody stares on and they dont do anything ... so many people complaining about the dashes and i think this would be something u can change fast .. nothing!
    and so on and so on...

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's fully understandable and I have been pointing out this issue since allmost two years now, if not longer. The problem isn't that it is Mills, but that there is no standardization across the content, atleast not enough. And why aren't they feeding the server with the content that they updated allready? I don't get it. Reading the last blog about the tracks it looks as if they haven't fully understood the issue, as they seem to do those PBR updates basicly when there is nothing else to do between bigger projects. The updates need a clear time line and structure and not something like "we will propably do them in this order, but god knows when or if at all". In fact this updating process needs an aggressive strategy as you need this content to feed people into the system to sell your premium stuff. From the 19 free tracks in the sim 6 tracks have been updated during the last two years. Same goes for the cars where there is not enough initiative. And let's be honest, there are are great and unique pieces of content.

I remember that Kunos also did a big track revamp for AC during development wich didn't take years but a few months, after they implemented new shaders. You can say what you want about AC but their content looks like it belongs into that one single product and it is the stuff that makes people (even me) come back to that sim once in a while to have a qick, fun and smooth ride. Anyway, I am starting to carefully devote my racing time to other products while S397 seems to be on an agenda of modern racing, future tech and esports. It's nice for them and the people who like it but it's simply not my cup of tea, atleast not every aspect of it. And considering that rF2 started it's life with that fantastic trailer as a potential replacement for GPL makes you wonder what happened along the way.

I mean, who would have a hug with an old lady and a young gun at the same time?! :p

Binny and SuperMonaco_GP like this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

@ hitm4k3r i dont know who they are catering for but its not the ppl that have supported this sim since day dot. Does anyone have any idea who they cater for besides themselves ? Imho most of the ppl who have been here for a long time need a break or have taken a break or have completely moved on. im on a break and going to buy a 2 yr membership with iracing "black friday discounts" when that time is up il be back to see the improvement's as its common knowledge you will see some, like yourself and others have pointed out it takes about 2 yrs for anything to be implemented fixed. I will still use the forums to get an idea of how its changing and where they are heading.

Hocician likes this.