Logitech G27 clashing with other non driving games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DJCruicky, Jan 1, 2020.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Does this happen with you guys?
    With some non-driving games like FPS games, my character just wants to spin and spin if I have my G27 wheel plugged in.
    For example, I'm trying to use Keyboard and mouse as the controls but the game thinks my wheel is a gamepad plugged in and wants to use that instead. I then have no control until I unplug the USB plug of my G27 wheel out from the back of my PC then the games works.
    Also with some games, if I want to use my XBox360 controller the game wants to default to my wheel instead.
    Non of these problem games have options to pick or choose what controller you want to use.

Is there a quick way via software to temporary disable my Wheel so I don't have to keep unplugging and plugging it in, or how to get around this?
    cheers

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Maybe you can set the controller as your default controller in windows settings, you might get that down to a few clicks if it works. (normally when people struggle in rF2 they need to set their wheel as default)

I wonder if the spinning is related to the way that sometimes in rF2 you jump in the car and the throttle goes to full, until you tap the pedals to 'wake them up'. Well, I get that occasionally, anyway.

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I opened Game Controllers window, clicked advanced, and selected 'default for older games' on the 360 controller, not sure if that is the setting you want me to try? This did not work.

Some games I can not even get passed the title screen.

:D

If I hold the gas pedal and brake pedal at 50% then I can get some control of my Xbox controller again. If I release or press the pedal all the way in then my character spins.
    It's like both G27 and Xbox controllers are in use at the same time, not one or the other. Weird.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are the pedal axes separate in windows? There should be zero input when you aren't pressing them.

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

In Logitech profiler, the setting "Pedals reported as Combined single axis" is already unticked.

This happens with about 10% of my games. A lot of games made with the Unity game engine seem to do this the most.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  6. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

I have a G920, when I start rf2 from a fresh boot, all my pedals inputs are though they are fully depressed. IE - if I jump straight into a race/practice/qually session, the car revs its nuts off til I tap one of the pedals.

You could try tapping one of the pedals and see if it stops.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I came across something similar but it was the game being used.
    It was American Truck Simulator.
    I used Esc to leave the truck to go to the menus.
    Threre I noticed the mouse cursor was determined to get to the right side of the monitor.
    I soon realised I had left my SimuCube wheel at, or close to, full lock.

8. JassyBorm

JassyBorm Registered

I was having this problem when I first bought Logitech G27. I am a big fan of League of Legends, and I have been playing it for a very long time. When I was still playing on my old free account, I had a problem where my PC would not recognize the keyboard and would think that I was playing on the steering wheel. The only solution to this problem is to unplug the steering wheel completely when playing on the keyboard.

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I never found a solution to this problem until today.
    I bought a USB On/Off switch.
    s-l1600.jpg
    I made sure the one I bought did data and power. There are many that are for power only.
    I'm happy, no more banging my head off the bottom of my desk trying to put G27 USB cable in/out back of PC :D.

Emery likes this.
  10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

DJCruicky likes this.
  11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you Seven, I tried it and it worked very well.
    Cheers.

Seven Smiles likes this.