[WIP] Car voting - What cars do you want to see in rFactor2?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Interestingly I am thinking the opposite. 3 cars that can be raced together, to have a nice variety on the grid :)

2. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Could've included the often overlooked 1993 Mercedes 190E 'Evo II' (old generation DTM car with Class 1 body modifications)

No Class 1 cars were the same according to this specification https://web.archive.org/web/2007070...Tourenwagen/DTM_84-96/DTM_Technik_1.html#1993

More info https://mb190e16v.com/dtm/

dumberdog likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks for that video, there were at least two distinct fuel burns, long un-interupted belches and then explosive momentary POPS.
    Would be nice if S397 could work on incorporating those different flame sets.

4. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Don't forget my own GT4 Cayman (From scratch almost ready for release), Toyota Supra 2020 (a bought model I will rework) could be used with the awesome Alpine GT4 (enduracers). Maybe we need to do a BOP for the cars to let them join one grid but I'm open to this to have at least 3 or more cars soon for a great GT4 battle :D

The Supra I was going to do anyway so aside of the first question here, I think we have seen great suggestions so far for future projects.
    Also I gave my word to build a goup C car for a well known modding group here (the base model from scratch in Blender).

I think the voting is clear and will not change much.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/what-cars-do-you-57106630

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Rogger and zxd1997 like this.
  5. Donat

Donat Registered

A Group C car you say???
    (visibly interested)

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  6. Frederick Alonso

100% and one I loved a lot as kid, so I'm honoured.

7. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Trust me! The Porsche is not forgotten :D

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Great initiative to consider community voting for future projects. I wish S397 did something similar.

There are few interesting options:

1st) 60s GT cars like the Porsche 906, Prosche 911 Carrera, Ferrari 250 GTO, Ferrari DIno, Corvette, Shelby Mustang
    2nd) 70s GT with the usual suspects: 911 RSR, Ferrari GTB, Corvette, BMW 3.0 CSL, Camaro and Mustang (classic IMSA line up basicly)
    3rd) More Group C cars from the late 80s, early 90s to have some more playmates for what's allready there

If you want to concentrate more on single make stuff - either classic Mini Cooper or BMW M1 Procar. I think both of them have been long overdue within rF2. Anyway, what ever you do, I guess it's important to create a cohesive set of cars that fit on the same grid. And looking at what for example Apex is working on it might be well worth to consider either the first or the second bundle, as it makes your mod even more valuable.

However this turns out thanks alot for your contribution and good luck for what ever comes next. ;)

pkelly and Frederick Alonso like this.
  9. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

That can only end bad, as they need to pay for the license. If people vote on cars, and the license if too expensive... Then there will be a bunch of people complaining a lot.

atomed, Reiche and lagg like this.
  10. Frederick Alonso

Good point.

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Worked perfectly fine for Kunos with AC. Make a poll with potential lisences that are on the table and let the community vote.

12. dumberdog

dumberdog Registered

13. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

14. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

HELL YEH! :D

Myrvold and Frederick Alonso like this.
  15. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I can hear the engine scream all the way to Norway!

Frederick Alonso and Denis Betty like this.
  16. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Australian V8 Touring Cars 93-96 would be awesome!

17. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Some Sprintcars would be good, make for some great online racing, Im sure Joesville could be converted to a dirt track and more similar tracks could be done by those that have the ability. ( not me obviously lol )
    James-McFadden-W17-2-457x450.jpg f044d6e67eb66acc6eb564842c5b1bcc.jpg Sprintcar.png

18. Frederick Alonso

I continue here because both the Rebellion and Alpine had the highest votes since I started this question.

Both cars are delivered for free to the community.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/rebellion-alpine-67975487
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2772933586
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, I have 3 main projects running and asked my Patrons to vote what I should finish next:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/69721734

- Ferrari 550 Maranello GT1
    - Toyota Supra GT4
    - Cayman RS GT4

[​IMG]

After all these cars I will do a second round and will include all cars mentioned in this thread.

makan, Bostrom, haunetal1990 and 4 others like this.
  19. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

Would be nice if it´ll be the Supra and after a big discussion yesterday ending up comparing different Sims 3d Models, would you like to put your hands on the GT4 Cayman, to make the proportions a bit nicer and nearer to the real car or would this a be to deep in the basics of the car to change cause i got no idea of 3dmodelling? (roofline, roof height, lenght of front and rear bumper)

20. Frederick Alonso

I get your point but this was my first ever 3D car while there is so much I could have done better with the experience I have now. Therefore it's more easy to start on a fresh Cayman RS that is directly on point. I need to add that I compared my model to a laserscanned version and the differences are very small actually, but enough to notice them.

Did you know I added a new bumper? I agree with the rear bumper and a small offset on roof shape. But when I asked the community for blueprints back then nobody replied. I could not find them in 2019 and this was done just by feeling (eyes only). In the end we are looking at a lot work while I expected way more support on the Cayman when it comes to usage. So my idea is to use the RS parts on the GT4 car once they are done.

So far I have 10 cars that got a lot work from me at the moment, but one day this all comes online as it was supposed to be released. :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022