SOLVED To v1125 => v1122 ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by 69Elwood, Oct 11, 2021.

1. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

Good morning,
    I am looking for a way to downgrade my dedicated server from v1125 to v1122? I am using SteamCMD.
    Thank you in advance.

2. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

Thank you for your answer ;)
    But this command does not work for me, the installation is inexorably done in 1125 ...

3. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Try the following:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta old-ui +quit

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Are you overwriting a current folder?.... I just did this to a new install folder and all worked, I used this command;
    Code:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rF2-v1122 +app_update 400300 -beta v1122 validate +quit

Brent likes this.
  5. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

I used the previous command :
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta v1122 +quit

I will test with yours to see :
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rF2-v1122 +app_update 400300 -beta v1122 validate +quit

Thanks ;)

Goanna likes this.
  6. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

It works perfectly.
    Thanks a lot ;)

Goanna likes this.
  7. Brent

Brent Registered

@Goanna @69Elwood I made a summary in the discord support forum a couple months back. Does this look correct? Nobody ever responded there to confirm.

I don't understand why this information doesn't get added to the user guide. I wonder how many issues users have had trying to setup multiplayer servers and had issues because they did realize the dedicated wasn't at the proper build. Here's the summary:

For a new dedicated installation:

Release Candidate:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate +quit

Betas none (mainstream build):
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 +quit

Old UI:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta old_ui +quit

For updating or reverting back to an older version:

Release Candidate:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta previous-release validate +quit

Betas none (mainstream build):
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta betas_none validate +quit

Old UI:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta old_ui validate +quit

And I think it would be helpful to add a sentence to the guide on how to verify the build of your server by opening the appmanifest_400300.acf in the C:\rFactor2-Dedicated\steamapps folder with notepad.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

release-candidate instead of release_candidate. steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir .C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit
    Don't need the -betas stuff, so just steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    No such thing as old ui for the server, there is the previous-release which gives the previous public build.
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta previous-release validate +quit
    Same same for the reverting stuff. Naming of which build you want is important, so I check => https://steamdb.info/app/400300/depots/ to get the correct naming. I also use the validate command on all downloads, whether new or reverting.

upload_2021-10-15_6-37-41.png

Hope this helps

69Elwood, Alexandr Meshkov and Brent like this.
  9. Brent

Brent Registered

Excellent information @Goanna! I updated my post with your corrections to lessen any confusion. This information is long overdue to go in the dedicated server user guide.