The rFactor 2 Blog | Tracks

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 14, 2021.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

2. cfleo

cfleo Registered

- Any plans for new GT3 cars like Lamborghini?

- Will not Mercedes be updated?

- New GT3 BOP will come?

Stefano Vidale likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

That's right, but confusing.
    The thread related to the question about cars is called "The rFactor 2 Blog | Tracks"
    It would be better if they created a new thread for the next blog.

Balazs Magyar and mesfigas like this.
  4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

After control testing in dev mode I can confirm that altitude has no effect on engine, drag or cooling. So we can assume it is non-functioning.

However, though altitude does nothing, temperature certainly does does affect the density of air to the engine intake and radiators. The cooler the ambient air temperature, the more combustion takes place, which in turn increases the turbo speed. I can't confirm for sure whether this does indeed affect naturally aspirated engines, because the effect is so small, but with a turbo it is quite clear as you can see the intake boost increase by a reasonable percentage (you need to seal the wastegate to see this happen).

During this process, the air/fuel ratio is maintained automatically, therefore more fuel is consumed with cooler intake air, producing more combustion heat for the radiators to deal with. Fortunately, the radiators are also reactive to the ambient air temperature, so despite the extra combustion heat, the oil are water will stay cooler if the ambient air temp is cooler (makes sense...)

The air temperature, however doesn't make any difference to the air pressure for aerodynamic calculations (though these are quite small, but still important. Motorcyclists among you may have noticed that the helmet wind noise is worse in colder weather at the same speed.

And obviously, and much to the detriment of the simulation, the track temperature is always stuck at 25 degrees (or is it 29?). So, overall, the colder the temperature, the faster the car will be. 0 degrees is as cold as the simulation allows, so if you wanna set some lap records you should set freezing temperatures. (makes absolutely no sense...)

Let's just hope for our sanity's sake that they will actually implement working track temps.

Emery likes this.
  5. Joe Vogt

Joe Vogt Registered

I too would love an update on the car reflectons during night. I tried racing at midnight and was surprised about the bright glow of the cars red, orange and yellow parts at night (for example the paid content GT3s) which looks totally unrealistic. Perhaps good for close racing, but for me no immersion. I first thought it might be some problem with my rFactor 2 installtion and graphic settings. But I saw identical glows in videos on YouTube. And some track side objects have similar unrealistic reflections. For example all the red signs at the Nürburgring (red sign of Schumacher S).

6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

-Any plans of future historical 60s-70s cars?

-And about historical existing cars like
    Brabham bt24
    1968 eve f1
    1968 spark f1
    Brabham bt44
    Mclaren m23
    March 761
    1968 howston g4 and g6

Which of them will be updated to latest rf2 standard?
    And Which ones will surely no longer be supported?

Emery, Donat and John R Denman like this.
  7. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

As for the car collection, its fantastic and just keeps getting better.
    I'm with Mauro on keeping the vintage platforms up to date at least with a reduced periodic maintenance cycle.

Would love to see some Vintage Small Bore cars to the S397 standards.
    • Porsche 914
    • Fiat X/19 Bertone
    • Datsun 240 Z
    • Lotus 7
    • MG Midget
    • Volvo P1800
    • Alfa Romeo Spyder
    • Bug Eye Sprite
    Just a few anyway. Vintage racing has become pretty strong over the years and they aren't all geezer larva anymore....

Emery and Donat like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is a double flashback. I have a question concerning the Comp System and Tracks(sorry for interrupting) A user on another site wanted to know what layout was going to be used in a series. I saw Silverstone listed for at least two of the upcoming series but no mention of which layout was going to be used. Can something be done with the Comp System to list layouts EVEN when the main/GP layout is the one being used?

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

+1
    Good questions....

11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Count me as one that was not impressed by the Tracks blog and responses. Pretty much what we got was a "sounds interesting, we've no formal plan to do anything about it" on just about every topic. Why don't S397 tell us what they DO intend to work on? It's not like they are going to say "oh what a great idea, we need to drop everything and work on this new idea" for anything that is asked. They basically answered nothing because "licenses". And we're going to get the same answer on cars, as we did on tracks.

The only question worth answering, is once again, one which they'll be at pains to not answer at all. That is, what is the future plan for Motorsports Games in giving rF2 licensed cars, as opposed to cars they license for the new titles of NASCAR, BTCC, LeMans/WEC and IndyCar? The most pressing of these is with LeMans/WEC. If there's a title that is to be dedicated to that, it follows that LMDh and LMH cars will be licensed for it, but will those same cars come to rF2 for anything other than closed esports events? We can already see GTE is a dying category, and we have most of the GT3 cars already. Save for the BMW M4, we can be pretty sure is coming. We might get a Lambo and an Evo or two, but I'll be surprised to see the Lexus or Acura. Of the other popular categories and series, we don't yet have any TCR cars (front wheel drive) or GT4s. Which doesn't leave much for rF2 to go get or develop. FE, I guess, or other fake electric racing.

TheGame316 likes this.
  12. Mikawelll

Mikawelll Registered

Hello team,
    Any news about The PBR update for all the Porsche in the game.
    About Porsche again, the new 992 is scheduled for the game in the near future ?

13. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Is there any plan to add light to numbers when racing at night for endurance classes?

14. Binny

Binny Guest

Most tire companies keep their info to themselves so competitors dont get their info. How are you going to help modders with tire info to make their mods with a realistic tire model ? IMHO this info would be very hard for any modder to gain access to, and most would have a bad/ wrong/ unrealistic tire model in their mod.

15. boxer

boxer Registered

1.) Will the classic Eve and Spark be update?
    If this is not possible how about a new incarnation of these two great cars with the latest tech while retaining the great driving feel?
    2. Any change of getting classic open wheels like:
    ChampCARS or F1?
    3. Non fictional Modern F1 car?
    5. Classic LeMans Prototypes?
    6. New IndyCar?
    7.Classic CanAM?

8. Any chance of introducing flat/blown tires?
    9. Fixing graphic glitch with the DW12 introduced two years back with the updates.

16. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Car questions:

- As it has been asked before, hybrid system coming anytime?

- Any plans to improve the way sounds (particularly exterior) function? Things like proper doppler and such. They never seem as powerful/impactful as they should be. And can we please get updated crash effects that don't sound like sheet metal in a dumpster?

- While the code has sections dedicated to vertex damage (soft body) modeling, it's unlikely we'll see this implemented. Would there be any kind of path towards keyframed damage like we've seen used in games like NR2003 where a model can have % deformation applied related to how much impact the car has taken? i.e. The modders set the maximum deformation in 3d (like an animation) and rF2 interpolates the % towards max based on how much damage/impact has happened? Alternatively, setting model damage based on animation frames in a similar fashion?

- We've seen calls from Studio 397 for people who can handle physics and other major components of the engine. Are there plans to overhaul rF2 in car dynamics or will most work by these new hires be on MSG titles that could backflush into rF2?

- You mentioned in the track questions that car damage will start to have more impact on aero and engine performance. Will this be something we can expect in the near future? What kinds of tools will be available to modders to update these values?

- Shaders have been updated quite a bit and there are a lot of historical ones. Are there plans to obsolete any of them? Are more coming?

- New driver helmets?

felirrari likes this.
  17. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

18. czajson7

czajson7 Registered

Dear @S97, Dear @Paul Jeffrey , Dear Sim Brothers,
    We have plenty of road cars.
    What about RALLY cars?
    Ice, snow, mud, gravel driving? Isn't fun?
    Check this link below, and tell me, that is not a HEAVEN for gearhead:

Do we REALLY have a good rally SIM?
    rFactor has good platform to do that correctly, before Kunos (or simultaneously) ;)
    What do You Guys think?
    P.S. The only who do it correctly (at the moment) is Niels Heusinkveld ?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  19. hallenstein

hallenstein Registered

will there be at anytime an option for running different tyre brands on gt3 cars e.g.

juanchioooo likes this.
  20. James A Evans

James A Evans Registered

What are the plans for adding addition classes of cars, especially GT4 as a modern class and Group C as a classic class.