The rFactor 2 Blog | Tracks

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What altitude would a track have to be to really make a difference to an engine?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

The Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez (GP Mexico) sits at an altitude of 2.250m that affects to the performance of the aerodynamics and engines.

3. benborp

benborp Registered

Roughly 1% loss of power per 100m gain in elevation.

lagg likes this.
  4. benborp

benborp Registered

And reported loss in performance in Mexico City is 22%!

Tnadz, Nick9320 and lagg like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Would driving the same non-turbo car at Indy and then at Mexico provide data about HP or Drag? (longest straights I can think of, aside from 67 Le Mans) If the top speeds are the same, then the high altitude of Mexico is not a factor. Of course, as I type this this other thought occurred, the reduced drag at Mexico may make up for reduced HP from high altitude.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Any car with aero effects (which is basically all of them, whether they generate lift or net downforce) would show a change in downforce vs speed. But top speed as well, yes.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member

1/ Is it planned to add the maps of accelerator, brakes, etc...?
    2/ When will flashlights be introduced ?

Nick9320 likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The influence of altitude is actually pretty interesting. I've watched a couple of races from the 80s that are shown on Sky and Mexico (aswell as Kylami btw) had tremendous impact on the turbo engines. It wouldn't just lead to less HP but the turbos suffering alot more due to the fact that they would spool up more to generate the same power output, wich increased fuel consumption aswell. As the races were a game of survival it made for some interesting races.

I haven't really tested this and it's the reason why I've asked the question. I was hundred percent sure that altitude and humidity have no influence on the physics right now. On the other hand I could be wrong: that they are static doesn't mean that they have no influence. That's a fine difference. :p

9. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

Good day, it is possible in the near future, to enter races with open-wheeled cars that are not exaggerated and difficult to drive, such as the car that is now in the competition system: "F3 Tatuus MSV", I find it wonderful and brings many people to this amazing simulator, thanks

10. Jan Molbech

Jan Molbech Registered

A couple of features I always felt like was missing.
    • Having the ability to save a tyreset (and of course load them on the car again). This would enable me to work on multi-stint setups, without having to commit to sitting at the computer for 3-4 hours at the time
    • Adding tyre allocation to endurance races. This would add more facets to an endurance race strategy wise.
    Have these features been considered?

11. CB Racing

CB Racing Registered

Is there a plan to bring new GT3 cars into the game. Things such as latest Porsche 911 GT3R also well as potentially the Lamboghini Huracan GT3 and also new cars such as the M4 GT3 as we haven't seen an update to the GT3 pack in a while.

Would be awesome to have them

12. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Hi guys!

1. Is it possible to add graphical effect on GAIN/LOSS metrics which is used in endurance cars on steering wheels to make it work inside the cockpit?

2. Is it possible to add system just like helicorsa both for UI and car cockpit? Would be awesome to have it especially for cars with closed cockpit

3. Can you please share some common materials for your cars such like driver model with animation assets (450/720/900 degrees), hans system and driver helmet with all textures?

4. Not sure that it's cars relatable thing but could you improve wet weather just to make it less dark? Even with overcast weather without rain it's hard to enjoy rF2 when everything you see around is darkness such like it's late evening or something. Colours correction should do the work to make dark colours a bit lighter to balance the whole scene from car and track cameras

5. Is there any chance for improvement of the game sound engine? Will be awesome to have more options such like automatic reverberation of the samples to increase sense of immersion

Many thanks! :)

13. Fineraft

Fineraft Registered

I have 4 questions regarding cars.

1st: when will you make a package for LMP2 cars so they are downtuned slightly. Right now, you can only use the DPi with LMP2 cars when you select the Hypercar option. It should be possible because the LMP2 cars normally race in the IMSA series.

2nd: when will we be able to make a custom grid. I am talking about selecting which cars you want to drive against. Currently this is only possible when making a season mod which is a bit of a hassle. RRRE has it in its UI.

3rd: Will we get more real Hypercars? The current Hypercars don't drive in the WEC.

4th: will we get some sort of KERS in Rfactor2? This is something Rfactor2 really lacks and it shows how old the game is (the game being developed before hybrid systems became a thing in racing).

I get it when you can't answer the 3rd. I would also understand not answering the 2nd question since it's maybe more about UI rather then cars

14. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Will the dashboards be updated? Most of them are low resolution and dont give much information -> Multiple pages would be great for that

15. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Registered

Small quality of life thing, but would it be possible to filter official content from community content?

16. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

-when the protection of the gearbox to finish with the feat 6th>1st faster than a F1 ...

-when will there be leds in the cockpit at night like in Irl?

-when will we have a clutch worthy of the name?

-when will the setup be standardized with a quick explanation?

-when will the sounds be improved?

-when will there be vintage GTs?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  17. Donat

Donat Registered

When can we expect proper clutch mechanics, if we can even expect that at all?

Remco Majoor and leseb64 like this.
  18. Donat

Donat Registered

Any car from the 20th century planned? Something like 80s turbo sportscars and touring cars? Group 5, C...?

StuartAM and leseb64 like this.
  19. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Q1)
    Do you have any plans to update "Physics Calculation Tool" and "TGM Generator"?
    Both have been nearly three years since the last update.

Q2)
    Is the problem that the FFB of AMG GT3 is light still under investigation?

Q3)
    Recent GT3 and GTE control traction control separately for Long Force and Lateral Force.
    Will these features be added to rFactor 2 in the future?

Q4)
    Does the "Better Drivetrain" plan include a realistic reproduction of the 4WD mechanism?
    The 4WD mechanism reproduced by the current rF2 is very inconvenient because the front and rear differentials cannot be set independently.

Q5)
    In an interview conducted by Race Department two years ago, Marcel replied:
    GT4_TCR.jpg
    Is this still in progress? Or was it shut down?

Q6)
    Do you have any plans to make the strut suspension reproducible?

mesfigas likes this.
  20. andi36356

andi36356 Registered

Q1) While I appreciate the attempt at trying to replicate the overlays in the rear view cameras in the GTE cars, it looks incredibly bad due to just being a 2D overlay that doesn't actually do anything. To the point where it'd look better if it wasn't there. Is there a possibilty of removing it until you can get the system of rear view camera overlays to actually be functional?

Q2) The horrible looking dashboard displays aren't a secret, they're even mentioned in this thread a couple of times. It's a real shame that the thing you're mainly looking at while driving looks so bad. Something that surprised me though is that for the C8.R GTE, the display actually looks really good for rF2 standards. The fonts are mostly correct, it has the correct background and the rear view camera doesn't have the previously mentioned overlay. It's not that far off from the iRacing version and even with an extra screen that's just turned off in iRacing. However the Cadillac DPi, released alongside it, has the old problems of wrong fonts and cut off text among other things. So what happened that the Corvette has it looking so much better?

Q3) Something I noticed when looking at the Racin' USA Pt.1 DLC Pack for AMS 2 are weird similarities to the rF2 DLC cars. Not just that it's the GTE/DPi cars that are also available for rF2, but they also have the non functional rear view camera overlays. Except for once again the Corvette C8.R which doesn't have it in either game. Did Reiza buy the 3D models from Studio 397?

Q4) Why is the rear wing not on the wireframe layer of so many cars' skinning templates? Trying to hunt for it shouldn't be necessary at all for such an important part

Q5) Will there be a possibilty to mod DLC cars in the future? Two things that would come to mind would be sound mods but also being able to change or remove the restrictors on the GT3 or GTE cars so that you could do things like league/track specific BoPs or even run the cars unrestricted with no BoP.

felirrari likes this.