rfactor2 does not start from steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Amadeux, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Amadeux

Amadeux Registered

Hello everyone and thanks in advance to those who want to give me some advice.

my rfactor 2 no longer starts. I've tried uninstalling it several times and installing it on other disk drives too, but nothing. all this after installing Win 11. all other driving games work, but rfactor2 NO. I state that I also have another friend who has installed Win 11 and no problem. I can't understand what it is. When I click the green "start" button, lu changes to blue with "stop" and then turns green again. This on all three options, startup, graphics settings, DEV MOD

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Have you installed (click repair) on all 4 runtimes in the Support/runtimes folder?

3. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

I run all support/time repars. the last two requested to restart. Still the same.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Delete the config_dx11.ini file from the rF2 directory. Note that this will reset your graphics options.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Rename the Userdata folder and launch rF2.
    This will create the UserData folder again, but you'll loose all your settings.

6. Camav

Camav Registered

Hi! I had a similar problem, it suddenly stopped working, I verified that the game's executable was marked to run as administrator, and for some reason the game stops working if this option is checked.