windows texture problem

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by sangreone, Oct 15, 2021.

1. sangreone

sangreone Registered

I have a problem with the brightness of the windows. It is clearly seen in the front left window, on the red sticker. In the first picture, in sunlight, the color is the same on the window sticker and wccarbody, and it looks perfect. However, in the shade, or when the clouds come out and the sunlight diminishes, the windows maintain a strange luminosity and the color does not react the same as in wccarbody, and it does not look good.

I would like to know how to make the window stickers darken the same as wccarbody. Can you put region map to windows, or something similar?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emery, Corti and lagg like this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

@sangreone Is it the same, when you use the same Shader for the Stickers, that you use for the Windows?
    I normally do that, to also have the Rain Effects on the Stickers and i never have seen that Problem.

sangreone likes this.
  3. sangreone

sangreone Registered

The shader is the same. It's all part of WCWINDOW, and the shader in 3dsimed is "windscreen outside shader".

4. redapg

redapg Registered

I have tested it with our Metalmoro MR1 and it works as it should (Screenshots).
    Is it maybe the used Sticker Texture, that is not Albedo formatted or didn't you check "Omni" in the 3DSMax Converter "Shading" Rollout?
    GRAB_024.JPG GRAB_025.JPG

sangreone likes this.
  5. sangreone

sangreone Registered

Thank you so much! albedo is ok, but I don't use 3DSMAX. I use 3dsimed and I don't see the "omni" option you mention. I'll talk to a fellow who does use 3dsmax to see if he can check this out. Thanks.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

In 3DSimEd it is the Tag "Lit at Night", when i remember it right.
    You can try it out, to see if that solves the Problem.
    Import the Mesh and then go to Edit -> Face Data Attributes, there you can set that to true, if it's set to false now.

Corti and sangreone like this.
  7. sangreone

sangreone Registered

"Lit at Night" is true. It was ok.

I think I'm going to detach the banner from wcwindows and remap it into wccarbody. I didn't want to do this because each skin has a different banner size and now they will all have the same size.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

If you want, you can upload the Mesh and the Textures that it uses and send me the Link by a private Conversation.
    Maybe i can find out what the Problem is.

lagg, Corti and sangreone like this.