[REL] iDT Champcar World Series 2007-2008 - Panoz DP-01 - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Chris Lesperance, Apr 6, 2020.

1. vava74

vava74 Registered

Chris, you have a small laundry list of unfinished improvements which, at least to some extent, could be done by a third party. I have a good friend willing to give a hand on some PBR and materials improvements which would give this brilliant mod a small push forward.
    There would be no need for any credits (unless the improvements were considered deserving by you), so this would continue to be 100% yours.
    This is a top #5 car on rF2 and deserves the recognition and the looks to go with it.
    Same goes for the Lola, so this request is extended to Doug.

Reiche, atomed, Corti and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

There is a lot of stuff that can be improved. I'll admit, I'm not a good converter. But if there is anything additional that your friend is able to add, I'll get it updated.

The Lola was my very first conversion. It was before the IBL was implemented. I stopped working on that a while ago but it does deserve some love as it is a great model. If there is anything with that you are able to improve, I'll add those improvements as well.

Reiche, Corti, Eric Rowland and 2 others like this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

That's great! I can tell you that there will be a little hand from Frederick Alonso in this, although "we" cannot commit to a timescale, this will be done and we will be in touch.

Both are cars amazing - I don't get tired of saying this - and absolutely deserving of this extra push.

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Gave the Panoz a few laps last night and noticed the gear ratios were fixed. Was that intentional?

5. Chris Lesperance

Hmm.... I don't recall that being a thing. It has been over a year since I've last looked or worked on it. I would have gotten the gears from the rF1 using the rF2 Online Tools conversion. Did the rF1 version have adjustable gearing?

6. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Yes it did. I went through and updated it to the full list of spares Panoz had a price list on, that was included in the original physics package I sent a while back.

7. Chris Lesperance

Hmm... That would have been a mistake on me then. I'm not sure how I would have dropped it or missed it. Apologies as I would have had it in. I really don't know what happened :(

I'll be busy and away from my PC a lot over the next month and a half. It may be a little while before I can investigate. Maybe by the time vava74 will have completed a few things, I could upload a full update package.

pkelly, vava74 and Hazi like this.
  8. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

No worries, make it a low priority, at least in my case.