The rFactor 2 Blog | Tracks

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

A new style of blog is here. Gone is our wonderful Competition System Blog, replaced by a rotating themed 'The rFactor 2 Blog...'.

This week the topic was tracks, and the answers can be found below:

https://www.studio-397.com/2021/10/the-rfactor-2-blog-tracks/

Next time out, we will be discussing cars, so get your questions in on the thread below :)

Enjoy.

Monza hotfix.jpg

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I love you guys!
    Thank you Paul!

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you for the answer, Paul.

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

No worries, but don't thank me - it was Marcel who spent ages putting the responses together :) I'm just the collator and typer upperer type person :D

5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Are you guys going to implement any “clutch engaged” option? As it is now there is no clutch option for the h pattern shifter cars, which means that can change gear without pressing the clutch (I know there is a tweak bout that but i was talking about a native solution)
    Haris1977

This is certainly an interesting topic, and I would argue that to get to a significantly better implementation we would need to have a combination of hardware and software support. Current H shifters cannot block gear shifts based on signals they get from the software, so even if we would block a shift in software (because you did not use the clutch or whatever) the hardware would still allow you to make the shift. That could get weird really quickly. So for now we did not make any improvements yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Well Paul, this function is a must have.
    And i believe i talk for the whole community.. at least for most of them.

6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Thank your for answering my, more of a cirtical, question regarding the store. I think an ingame/website storefront would be a HUGE gain. Might also be the easiest solution as you can continue to use the steam back for purchases etc.

Binny, Paul Jeffrey and juanchioooo like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

In that case, thanks @Marcel Offermans :)

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

A pity that Macao and Jerez do not even contemplate each other:(:(:(, they are both emblematic circuits ... thank you very much for responding.
    If this time is about automobiles, the Lamborghini will be included in the gt3?thank you

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

2 questions regarding cars

1. When will the car descriptions for some cars get fixed so that all available liveries can be selected? For example, try selecting AUDI GT3 2018 #1 and AUDI GT3 Evo #1 and check loaded cars (there are a couple other issues with official cars description as well). Thing is, this is absolutely easy fix but has not been done ever since cars have been released, and we are talking about payed content here.

2. Is there a plan to provide correct car displays (edit: with displays I mean the dashboards of course), with correct data?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

When will the opportunity finally be given to select the vehicle opponents in the UI that I want and then save them?
    In RRRE a matter of minutes.
    In rF2 currently, well ..

DucMan888 likes this.
  12. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Some great things in here thank you. I have a car related question:

In the Tracks Q&A you mentioned about how the suspension can be bent and damaged. However this damage can only occur as a result of impact from a wall or another car. I would really like to see the track itself have an effect on suspension damage - it would mean drivers actually have a reason to not hit certain curbs too hard, improving racing. It would be so cool to see in e-sports too.

Could we see the implementation of maximum stresses to suspension components in the chassis file? Some of the lines are still in the Chassis file 'MinForceOrTorque0=' 'MaxForceOrTorque0=' 'Breakability0='

13. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

What about legendary cars, like the 70´s and 80´s DRM Gr. 4 and Gr. 5 Cars? Any chance to drive a beautiful BMW CSL for example in top quality?

Andy Bonar likes this.
  14. Paweł Andrzejewski

Paweł Andrzejewski Registered

Q1) You saw that coming - in-car dashboards and their limitations. What is the biggest obstacle in upgrading that?

Q2) What's left in the tank for the Formula Pro? As was said it's not the final release so I'm curious what will be updated.

Q3) How do you rate the cooperation with Goodyear? Are you going to update tires in your content based on that experience?

Q4) Will you update tyre database based on the effects of this cooperation?

Q5) How about extensions to the car adjustments like differential, more TC options as well as a possibility to tweak them while on track?

Q6) A mapping for flashing lights would be very appreciated as well :)

Q7) Any chances of fixing/reintroducing heat haze?

Q8) How about sparks coming from beneath the car? It does a great detail in visual aspects as well as functionally it will indicate the suspension is set too low.

Q9) If I remember correctly, once you mentioned some tweaks to the sound engine. Do you have any updates on that?

Q10) In rF1, when tire life went to 0% it deflated, why it is not working in rF2?

Q11) What's happenning with driver tag names? Are they even scheduled to come back at some point?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    memoNo1 likes this.
  15. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

So considering the new Goodyear tyre model is already in the M4, Formula Pro and a few others that i have forgotten, which cars will be the next ones to get the new model? GT3s? Tatuus'? Or maybe will a new car/cars be released before any other content gets the new model?

16. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Last blog said that a track may take around 3 months to complete. On the other hand now how much time does a car take to be made from the green light to begin (i assume after licence has been aquired) until completion? And what is the sort of testing process they go through and how long is it (i guess they also are tested by manufacturers?)?

memoNo1 likes this.
  17. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

In terms of car series, everything seems to be either GTE or GT3.
    How about some other full series cars, maybe even older touring cars, or something to run with the civic from 2013?

18. Binny

Binny Guest

Do you see yourself coming down under to implement any of these cars as most sims do not cater for much from the southern hemisphere & this could be a good market base. Also are you going to implement a minimum standard for modding as some cars and tracks are very bad when it comes to racing rain, night ect.. i see ppl commenting loss of FPS is bad.
    s5000
    tcr
    aussie cars
    v8 supercars
    hq's
    aussie ute
    super 2
    super 3
    Toyota 86 Race Series
    Touring Car Masters

Joe Vogt likes this.
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

^This.

I have no idea why there is allways the excuse that hardware isn't up to the task, while rF2 has by far the worst transmission and clutch modeling for h-pattern cars in the whole industry from the software POV. Get the software up to genre standards, then you can complain about hardware limitations. It's getting ridiculous to read this argument over and over again. Hell, even rF1 has better h-pattern support with the grinding tranny mod and I don't have to mention other rF1 based sims that got their stuff right, maybe simplistic but better than what we have now. Simply bring a system that prevents people from flatshifting without clutch usage. Is that too much to ask for in 2021? Even so called "simcades" get that right nowadays. /rant over

Other than that, some interesting answers, especialy about what features are there allready (in theory) but also alot of vague stuff, especialy when it comes to the support of historic racing. Sigh ... :(

This brings me to my questions:

Is there any hope, that fans of historic racing will get stuff like a Group C DLC, a Historic GT/IMSA DLC or a 90s GT1 DLC? Given that there are allready cooperations with manufacturers like BMW, Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan, Chevrolet, Panoz or even Ferrari there would be a fantastic opportunity to showcase historic endurance racing within rF2 as a counterpart to the modern endurance racing, that is a trademark of rF2. And I guess I am not alone in thinking that the M1 Procar would have been the perfect fit for the legends trophy :p

Could we maybe get just a tiny visual update for the historic F1, F2 and F3 cars (please ...) ? :rolleyes: Or in other words: have you considered reaching out to the guys who developed the 1967 F2 mod? How about a real lisenced Matra, Honda, Mclaren, Brabham or Ferrari to update the late 60s car roster?

Have you considered voting for the next DLC cars or DLC themes, as Kunos did it in the past?

pkelly and Nieubermesch like this.
  20. RNeves

RNeves Registered

First of all, thanks alot for this regular updates!

Now for some questions:
    When will we see a proper hybrid system developed in RF2? Is it already in development?
    When will we see tire punctures in the game?
    Are you planning on developing vintage car classes like Group C, DRM, GT1 or something along these lines?

Thanks and keep up the good work

lagg likes this.