Competition System Blog | Week 22

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Sorry. Is it possible to have separated graphics options saved for each track to maximize graphics quality for each one in the future? Like the car specific ffb settings for example.

Binny, atomed and Paul Jeffrey like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

When you give the race with the sign "+" or "-" you can go up to the cars of other drivers live, but in VR only if there is an odd number of drivers on the server, you can go up to all the cars, this It is so easy to change when the code is modified, could you please enable it so that in Virtual Reality we can get into any car? Thank you so much
    @Paul Jeffrey

3. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

1. Alongside the Windscreen Rain effects announced on the last roadmap, any chance to see updates to the "track particles" like grass or gravel in the future?

2. Any update/release planned for original rFactor tracks like Toban, Mills or Essington?

3. What about destroyable/deformable objects for official tracks (For example, a tyre wall)

4. Maybe is not 100% related to this theme, but any chance to see animated pit crew during pit stops?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Balazs Magyar likes this.
  4. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Good to see that questions outside CS are considered, however limiting to 1 theme makes little sense. Why not just open the floor, as I am guessing any answers would be going through the head guy before publication.

Not really asking a question, one answer concerns me a little this week:
    "If you sign up for a competition, you should make an effort to race in all the events (picking sessions that suit you if there are multiple moments in time when you can race)."
    This kind of says to me that you guys really haven't listened to the community in regards to making it easier to race using the CS. I've seen many different suggestions, on here and other forms; on constructive suggestions to improve the CS. I've even made a few myself, even though I have not even managed a race on the system yet.
    If I want to race tonight in, say, the next Formula Pro race at Spa. I should not have to sign up for a competition that runs for the next month, changing tracks weekly; and my access this week is dependent upon having the content for the whole month, which may include DLC not already owned. If that restricts me from driving tonight, then I walk away at least from CS. And SteamdB numbers show I am not the only one. It also makes me consider my future purchases more carefully.
    All this ends up in a situation I am guessing by the end of any event period that numbers per race are lower like Maarten alluded to.

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. Mario Tump

Mario Tump Registered

Are you planning to upgrade grass and gravel, in terms of not being forgiving like it is right now?
    Right now you can cut on grass or gravel and run wide on so many tracks, which is faster but you don't get any real punishment for doing that.
    eg. getting a bigger slow down on gravel or losing traction on grass.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Q1)
    In the current "Real Road Shader", marble and rubber are reproduced, but sand and grass rolled up from the side of the course are not piled up on the road surface. Does S397 have any plans to update the Real Road Shader so that the sand and grass that are rolled up on the road are piled up?

Q2)
    Is it possible to apply the system of showing yellow flags when there is a crash or a stopped car in the section between Marshal A and Marshal B, to show oil flags when certain sections become slippery?

Q3)
    Are altitude, humidity and wind working?

Q4)
    Even on wet roads, I think there is a problem that the line on which the rubber is on is faster. Does S397 considering improving this?

Q5)
    Do you have any plans to allow the water on the course to flow from high to low in the future?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    atomed and TJones like this.
  7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

As weather providers are pretty accurate and real time nowadays what about adding a "Real Weather" functionality depending on the tracks location?

atomed and Magus like this.
  8. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Tracks = Content. What are you planning in order to better represent your DLCs in the steam store? Bought items are not marked, newer tracks cost the same as ancient ones, quality differs hugely, no mentioned "last major update date" etc. Community is asking for a better store experience for many years now. It would certainly help alot with sales, too.

atomed, TheGame316, Emery and 2 others like this.
  9. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Dear Devs,
    do you plan something like "initial track dampness (percentage)" in session settings in the future? It'd be great to have a (somewhat) wet track without rain at the start of a session.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    atomed and Remco Majoor like this.
  10. Paweł Andrzejewski

Paweł Andrzejewski Registered

Q1) Internals Plugin documentation says, the rain intensity can be diversified by inserting different values in the 3x3 matrix. However it is also written, the middle node is working. Any chances of updating that?

Q2) Is track temperature being simulated right now? And is it affecting how tires perform?

Q3) Turkish GP had shown how humidity can affect track evolution. There was little to no rain (drizzles reported) and due to 95% humidity, drivers didn't get a chance of utilising slicks. Any chance of seeing that in rF2 in some time?

Q4) Which tracks from the legacy group like Malaysia, Sao Paulo, Brianza, Monte Carlo etc. are likely to be updated to current standards?

Q5) Is 3PA programme shut down?

Q6) We had seen Alpine seasons, now there has been a ByKolles released with team supported physics, so it can be kind of an official content. Have you thought about creating some public pack of standards and rules for both cars and tracks that a content needs to meet so it will be considered as worthy of use in the competition system?

Q7) Recently I was trying to create rFm in order to update session start times on the server. However this solution didn't work at all and I had to update server config where it went smoothely. Is rFm solution deprecated or buggy? Which way (gdb, rfm, json) overrides the others?

atomed likes this.
  11. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Will it be possible in the future to do only the GP lap on the Nürburgring Combinded layouts to start a timed lap?

Any news on ovals?

Can the delta bug (+9,999secs from just after the fnish line onwards) be fixed?

atomed likes this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

Probably not the right blog to ask in but all these series & plenty of great tracks in the southern hemisphere & most sims do not have any of these series or tracks, you could be the 1st with new content not seen in other sims. Do you have any plans to head south ?
    s5000
    tcr
    aussie cars
    v8 supercars
    hq's
    aussie ute
    super 2
    super 3
    Toyota 86 Race Series
    Touring Car Masters

13. Chris English

Chris English Registered

Are there any planned improvements for the dedicated server? Things like separating black flag rules out (for example jump start/pit speed penalised, but track limits not) Being able to set ballast without 3rd party applications, better weather integration (linked track/ambient temps) would go a long way!

14. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Hello !
    I've been trying to participate in the "competitions system" for several times now, and every time I count down the time, nothing happens! Just last night on the race with the Tatuus on Pukekohe. Do you have a solution?

15. Probably, but we need a bit more info. What do you see, what does it say? do you register 15 mins before the session, what happens when it goes to 0. Please @me (or quote this post) as i dont follow all threads and probably will miss a response.
    Also if you could provide your name in CS that would also help a bit.

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I would like to ask a basic question or comment about the competition system that is not directly related to cars. I myself have already participated in some competitions and had great fun. However, and this happened quite often, it happened that I personally something came in between and I had no time to participate in the event and / or again had no time to train for the event. Of course this is all my own fault and the system can't do anything about it, but from my point of view it shows a big problem of the system, it's not possible to just drive around. I think it would be great if the events are kept the same as they are now, but there are still events that are always ready and that offer the possibility to compete around the clock. I could imagine here, that for example permanent events are available that are based on popular tracks/car combinations. For example:

Monza - Formula Pro
    Spa - GT3/GTE
    Zandvoort - BMW M4

Just to name a few, I think there would be something for everyone to jump in and do a little race with like-minded people. Just because you have time, of course this should not affect the existing competitions, but in my opinion would certainly increase the basic number of participants overall and familiarize with the system and thus also help the competition system as a whole.

atomed and Nieubermesch like this.
  17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Thank you for responding!
    It doesn't matter if I register 3 minutes or 28 minutes before the session, when the countdown reaches zero, nothing happens!
    My name is Philippe Verpalen

18. You can't register until 15 mins before. So nothing comes up, no "loading" no "too late" nothing happens? can you make a screenshot please? at least something should happen.

I don't see your name in any of the current competitions nor in our users? did you register with another name?

19. That would get booring rather sooner than later, if you could only race the same tracks in the same cars every day throughout the week/month/year.
    The idea right now is that the races that can be jumped into is the hourly/30 min interval races that would be something like it is now. Where you can build ratings (when those are implemented). Then events will happen throughout the month, probably more of a season rather than what it is now (just weekly). The reason (if you have not followed our chats on discord) is to simply "hammer" our systems and also to simply try out a lot of different scenarios.
    But yes events like you mention will be there, but more like a championship style, but still have the pick up races you can just jump into without waiting too long.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  20. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

pkelly likes this.