Latest Roadmap Update - September 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 30, 2021.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

There’s no evolution of the physics engine (except some tire model updates) since S397 took over the development

McFlex and Binny like this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

:eek:

No smiley symbolizing crying ... Too bad.

EDIT

I hope they have the ability/skill/desire to make REAL improvements.

On the desire I have tiny doubt (lol).

3. philman

philman Registered

And where is thé changelog or thé today's new release candidate?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The changelog is in the Sept roadmap I don't see the RC yet, the Roadmap said it was coming soon, but I don't believe they specified a date.

5. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

The obvious place to look are the statements of the CEO and main product guy on the Motorsports Games earnings calls, which happen every quarter. The CEO has placed a major emphasis on the "big" esports competitions like Virtual Le Mans; despite the fact that they do almost nothing in terms of them shifting more units of sales to end consumers i.e. us. One thing they mentioned was trying to get an esports IndyCar competition off the ground in Q4 and that it would be on rF2. And if they seriously think that'll work or be impressive with the existing DW12 and Indy track, given they don't have any other tracks laser scanned or otherwise, pulling that off or some other esports events is highly unlikely. My feeling is, all resources are being applied to make Virtual Le Mans a success, particularly the 24H event in January.

The bigger problem is what has happened to any development of the CS. Got launched in beta at the end of last year, 9 months later still in beta, almost no new features added since, no regular competitions scheduled other than Pro/Challenge, no rating systems until at least next year etc. Now this was all put in place before the MS Games acquisition, but you have to figure they've been told to hold back on it; because if not, the ability of the dev team to add features to this is so glacially slow, it tells you they aren't capable of doing it.

For all the happy-happy-joy-joy of more resources for rF2, facts are the performance of MS Games for Wall Street has almost nothing to do with rF2 title. It's a successful launch of NASCAR Ignition, and an annual update next year (New Gen cars), and BTCC launch as well. That's where the revenue and profit is coming from. It's beyond clear if the rF2-based engine (simplified) will end up with a good physics driving experience and AI for ovals, because lets face it, it isn't great even on vanilla rF2. Let alone the issues of UE4 across consoles, PC etc. performance as well, which I'll note that even this close to release, we haven't see any real in-game video only a bunch of static screenshots to show how pretty it is. If that has performance issues, it'll take a lot of fixing.

Even if S397 add resources for physics/vehicle dynamics/graphics, it'll take at least 6 months before those people get up to speed and contributing significantly.

Binny, r00b Driver and juanchioooo like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Why always so pessimistic?

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

pessimistic or realistic? Would it be because, among other things, after how many years to fix the tire?, for example:rolleyes:o_O.........????

Binny likes this.
  8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Studio397 should do less Esport event and concentrate more on tye game engine. 99.9% of rfactor2 users couldn’t care less of esport event.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    McFlex, Binny and juanchioooo like this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

It's a shame the amount of comments assuming that the only important thing is "what i want"

10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

This..

How about that?
    I take what I have and make the best of it!
    I don't like some things either, but at some point it becomes monotonous and annoying.
    But well...

Binny likes this.
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

Exactly.
    That doesn't mean that i agree with the preferences of S397.
    I'd like that they would focus on other things too, but i don't understand the way that some people demand some features, improvements, etc.

pkelly likes this.
  12. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You don’t understand why people who pay for DLC ask for long standing bugs to be finally fixed? How about VR support? DD wheel support , AI issues, physics issues? New UI causes more problems than it solves. There’s very little real progress when it comes to solving problems , so various people complain.

juanchioooo and Binny like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Got it.
    But VR works really fine for me.
    S397 knows also the whole probs.

For my part, I have come to terms with it.
    I still haven't fetched the F1 because of these problems.
    Maybe the problems will be fixed soon?
    I dont know.
    But I know what to do to keep the Sim running.
    What can I say?
    Best of all nothing more.
    Good night together.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

I understand all what you say, but my preferences are mine, your preferences are yours and S397 preferences are from they.
    It seems that a lot of people has forgoten what we (the users) were asking for, when we didn't have the new UI or when we had the old graphics, or when there wheren't any official GT3, or the amount of people asking for Nordschleife, etc.

15. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thanks for the new release candidate update.
    But unfortunately the "Exagrated Yaw" has not been fixed.
    Clouds are nice and the UI speed is very good :)

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, I thought I'd be able to check and say that actually you just need change the existing -80, exit out, then after you restart profiles load fine.

But: no. It keeps going to -80. Took out the PlayerFileOverride from the profile and it still loads as -80 - presumably it's defaulting to -1 like all the other overrides (meant to signify 'no setting'), and that gets interpreted as -100% which gets limited to -80%.

Setting to 0 in the overrides makes the profile load correctly (with it set to 0). Saving the profile sets its override to -80 (-0.8) again.

Fixy no fixy?

17. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

the new release candidate is not out yet

Nieubermesch likes this.
  18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Umm, yes it is and for those that haven't seen the changelog in the Sept roadmap, here tiz (from discord)
    upload_2021-10-2_11-24-54.png

19. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

you are right, i missed it

20. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

Nordschleife loading is 10 seconds faster compared to before