Latest Roadmap Update - September 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

Later into the evening than planned - but still within the month - please find below a link to our latest rFactor 2 monthly roadmap...

A bit of a light one this month we are sorry to say, lots happening behind the scenes, but as is sometimes the case, we just aren't quite in a position to say much about things at the moment.

https://www.studio-397.com/2021/09/roadmap-update-september-2021/

Happy reading, and thanks for waiting up for it!

Rain 1.png

buzz hornet, Schpidie, TJones and 6 others like this.
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you Sir! :D

@Paul Jeffrey
    No news about a Monza AIW fix?
    C'mmon..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    haunetal1990 likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Opinion: exaggerate yaw and audio effects bug fixes should be in a normal build update, not a RC that might take weeks/months to become standard. It's taken too long already.

Every time stuff like this happens, it reinforces the feeling that things will always be like this. I sincerely hope the hiring allows for resources to be allocated to fixing things.

TheGame316, Binny, avenger82 and 14 others like this.
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hey man,

Hmmm I thought any outstanding issues (block paths and such) had been resolved already? If you are still having troubles, please can I ask you to submit a bug report on the forum, and I'll keep a lookout for it and make sure it's tested and passed on? Thank you!

memoNo1 likes this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I like so much the graphics improvement, like the Windshield rain drops.
    I hope you can finish the shadows improvement, to fix the shadows popping and following you.
    The dirt and smoke need a big update too.
    And can you look at the car reflection by night ? The metal effect on the cars seems off by night, it's not really beauty by night, and in the real life, or in ACC, there is so much metal reflection effects on the cars by night.

Schpidie, Adam Helyes and Akela_DE like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Ok.

BTW.
    What s with my new M4 GT3?
    How long we have to wait?

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Congratulations to S397 for realizing the fundamental interest of improving the various loadings in the software, and for planning a significant improvement in this regard in the near future.

Honestly as a longtime rF2 fan and user, I feel listened to, which honestly has rarely been the case.

On the other hand, friends of S397,....

You are making a mistake not to want to program significant and relatively numerous improvements in the SHORT term concerning the physics engine.
    Also all the cars created by S397 without any exceptions (I'm not talking about ISI cars), i.e. more than 50 cars, must be systematically and regularly updated according to the evolutions of the physics engine (as well as its sounds and graphics, but these two areas are less important than physics).

I really hope that at equal quality and equal setting, performance will be improved for raindrops and shadows, this is essential.

In any case, thank you for working hard, it's a real satisfaction to be honest.

I've seen a series of improvements in S397's communication since Paul's arrival, that's good too.

memoNo1 and Nieubermesch like this.
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, I think good things are coming and they are busy man, more then usual... They are also hiring and a waiting is needed, so it's normal some things are going to be in the mid term. I can wait to 2022! AC2 could bring very good things for simulation and I hope RF2 can continue to keep up with the best and continue the best. FFB and tire Physics (even if flawed implementation) are best to none for me.

9. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

First of all, I'm happy to see this sim evolving and improving. And what I'm writing next isn't a big deal, but...

The only problem I see in this roadmap is that you're telling us you know in which direction we're going but you can't tell us.

"Please!! Can I have everyone's attention please? I have to make an announcement; I have really really good news about the game!!! Thanks for your attention"
    What's the point of calling it roadmap, if you can only share what's done?

PS: once again it's no big deal, I really appreciate that you're taking the time to write something every month to keep us updated ;)

andrea_274, Binny and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  10. Magus

Magus Registered

In fairness, PJ stated it would be a short road map and it stated:

Much of what we are working on at present is rather sadly not at a point where we can speak about things in any great detail, and trust me – that is as frustrating for us as we are sure it will be for all of you.

memoNo1 likes this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

We might not have a luxury for a clear map ahead, but we have an almanac from the past. Years of the past is a good base to predict future, it contains not words but work that has been done, actions that has been taken. Judging by the past, if nothing changes the usual path, it is fair to expect slow but positive development, with occasional problems here and there that will take their time. I don't expect any miracles, I don't see any hype in future about rF2, but there will probably be many pleasant little improvements like better and better handled graphics, optimizations for performance, slow streamlining of various bad decisions and little mistakes which majority of probably could possibly be taken care in a month if development was on the level. I am definitely looking for better loading times, as perhaps that is one of the things that got me wanting to launch rF2 much less with the new UI.

12. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

"short news" is better than no news. I too, think its great that they share these monthly roadmaps. keep it up.

Remco Majoor and memoNo1 like this.
  13. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Great to hear about improved track loading time.
    A 'cancel loading track' button would also be nice to have :)

Schpidie, memoNo1 and lagg like this.
  14. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

It won't be wise to update 50+ cars and tracks if you are not finished improving all graphics related parts of the software.

15. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

Some info is better than none, I suppose.

With all of the legal stuff surrounding licensing, I completely understand why they can't share what they're working on. That has to be a pain for those involved with this stuff behind the scenes.

I haven't seen any speculation threads as to what they may have cooking up yet. Any takers?

16. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

For me the physics update of these about 50 cars is essential and would show the seriousness of S397.

Updating the graphics would be just a little extra and not a priority in my opinion.

People focus too much on graphics, while the most important area (simulation), physics, has been overlooked for years.

I have difficulties to understand. But OK.

sushi, avenger82 and Nieubermesch like this.
  17. Filip

Filip Registered

It will never happen.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Again not even one word about VR improvement.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Binny and Hazi like this.
  19. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

MG "fuel" acquisition now in the rear view mirror and foot to the floor.
    Fuel being resources and support. Having been an rF user since 2007 I've never seen such a strong pace.

Kudos to the S397/Motorsports Games team!

Nieubermesch likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

VR was mentioned in the comp blog. no plans at this time.