Better performance with Windows 11

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BirnenRubber, Sep 20, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I restart mine almost daily. If I have hardware issues(video card lockups for example), they tend to occur after a prolonged sleep period.

2. Filip

Filip Registered

Man that's a nasty problem, I like to sleep longer sometimes - would be a shame if that affects my hardware.

Lazza likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My video card has been serviced twice under warranty. (which has long expired now) Considering it's age, it performs rather well. (RX 480 x 8gb) I rarely have issues EXCEPT when gaming under DX11. World of Warships used to lock up once per day. ( I could play for hours, but at some point, it was gonna lock up.) I am slowly seeing issues creeping back, I suspect this may be the last year of life for that poor old video card. But since a new card costs almost as much as a completely new system, I'm rather gun-shy about trying to buy one these days. btw, I'm an OLD FART long periods of sleep just don't seem to happen as much as they used to.

Filip likes this.
  4. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Registered

Almost everyone with the Reverb G2 and the Nvidia 3000 series have this issue(framedrops with every possible setting). Studio-397 still didn't confirm that they will look at it. I even switched from the 3080 to the 3080TI to see if it made a difference but it doesn't.

5. JassyBorm

JassyBorm Registered

Weirdly, DX11 gaming triggers the occasional hiccup, especially in World of Warships – used to lock up once a day, now it's making a comeback. Considering the card's vintage, I guess it's on its last legs. But man, new cards are practically the price of a whole new rig! It's like, do I splurge on a card or save up for a full upgrade? Decisions, decisions. And can we talk about how long periods of sleep become a distant memory as we morph into seasoned gamers? Btw, anyone found a workaround for the DX11 issue? Also, I'm new here, so hey everyone! Oh, and if anyone has the lowdown on a cheap windows 11 pro key, I'm all ears. Trying to keep this old system running smoothly without breaking the bank!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I had an older AMD RX480 and it too, especially in Warships, would lock up, once per day. Guarenteed. Add to that the relatively slow HDD I had and it was rare I had enough time to get back into a fight before either the end of the battle or destruction. Now with an XT6700 combined with one of those chip based HDD, I rarely see lockups and can get back quickly if I do. (plus rF2 loads much much faster!!!)