réduire l'adhérence longitudinale.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Barnaudprod, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

hello good advice community :),
    Do you know which partameter should I modify in the .TGM file in order to reduce the longitudinal grip.
    I explained to myself: the car at braking distances which seem very short, I tried to modify the torque of the brake discs in the .HDV file, but if I reduce this parameter the car no longer locks the wheels when we brake ..
    thanks in advance :)

2. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

We can't modify longitudinal grip multipliers directly, as we do in tbc file.
    However, perhaps you can try modifying some of the 'spring' multipliers of the tyre, which are separated for each axis. The spring properties kind of change the peak slip angles and fractions. If you set a different longitudinal spring, longitudinal grip will change, depending on the situation. There might be other side effects, but sometimes the effect is better in overall...
    I think longitudinal axis is Z, so perhaps you can try modifying
    'TreadSpringZPerUnitArea=' and 'BeltSpringZ='

Barnaudprod likes this.
  3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Try to change in Realtime section of tgm the Static grip.
    Although not strictly considered as “ longitudinal” grip, this is a value that has a great influence on the acceleration and braking. Commonly, sliding grip is about 70% of static grip. So, changing static ( reducing in your case ) grip, may dramatically change the behavior of the tyre, because ( like in your case ) sliding may proportionally increase.
    I suggest to reduce gradually in % both grips in tgm ( static and sliding ) until you find a correct balance for your car.
    Then…of course, you should update proportionally the tbc file ( for AI drivers )

Barnaudprod likes this.
  4. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

Gentlemen, many thanks for you detailed explanation, I will try this quickly.