rfactor Pro looks…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

Driving has little to do with anything around track so should tracks just have a tarmac then?
    If you want grass and trees go play some FPS .
    If you want buildings go play Sim City.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I go with a gtx 1080 ti pimax 8k plus I go in hig, ultra, almost everything and I have no performance problems

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you drive and look at the sky you cause an accident ... it is ridiculous to think that the clouds and the sky are what gives you the most immersion

4. lagg

lagg Registered

You forgot to say "FOR ME" in these sentencies.
    This is just an opinion.
    I don't underestimate the pleasure that can be had on the screen. I've been using simulators since the 2000, in the F1C era and i know perfectly the pleasure that i can have using a screen

The use of VR, for me, is one of the most reasonable spendings in my life.
    But it's a matter of tastes, budgets and opinions.

5. Filip

Filip Registered

Anything that occupies big portion of a driver's view is big part of a visual immersion.

6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

95% of million forum posts should be beginning by FOR ME lol

lagg likes this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

hahaha, totally agree

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, I think that the clouds and the sky are what you see the least when driving, apart from the fact that the clouds are not as bad as he says ... but if you want to see clouds and sky as he said, use project cars or AMS2

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is taken for granted that if you say it, it is for you, that is, it is your opinion;)

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have driven a WIP track, one that I knew very very well from several different sims. But it WAS just that ribbon and I could not stay on track. The lack of background objects removed almost all sense of speed and movement. So while I will agree the background is not a major determiner for ME, it does fulfill a purpose. The quality of most rF2 tracks is more than enough, especially when you consider the painfully simplistic backgrounds we older simmers started with.

Filip likes this.
  11. Filip

Filip Registered

Why are you sticking with RF2 if you use VR and you are not satisfied?
    If you want good VR experience play PCars or AMS2. ;)

juanchioooo and mixer61 like this.
  12. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

@pilAUTO : I've been riding in VR for 3 years (Pimax 5K+ then 8k+ ) when I play at my friends' house on screen, I feel like I'm in the back seat

juanchioooo likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You have misunderstood, I see the clouds and the sky well:);)
    the one who does not see them well is you:cool::cool::cool:

From what I see VR is used by more people than they realize:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  14. Filip

Filip Registered

You were the one complaining about bad VR graphics.
    Like you said if someone doesn't like something about rf2 graphics he should play another game.
    So, you should play other sims, not rf2. :D

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

do not misrepresent, I said that on board the rain effects look bad in VR, but the sky I see it well;)
    So for now I use virtual reality without rain:(

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

That's so far from the truth it's not even funny. If it was true they wouldn't bother will hugely expensive projector setups and warp & blend systems with massive wraparound screens at all, they could get what they want out of a single monitor setup.

To get decent driver feedback from a simulator the driver needs to be as immersed as possible in the simulation.

sg333 likes this.
  17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

All those famous tracks in their motorsport section yet not in RF2, Damn!

18. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Wow, we VR users are quite passionate, anyhow no one asking and here's my take:

My current only options to Sim racing are an ultrawide monitor or VR, in this scenario for me VR bring the immersion to another level; I have no dedicated RIG or DD wheel; I added to my setup some bass transducer and pedals rumble to have more "body information" while racing.
    It been said that single screen plus motion actuators is more immersive than VR, exchange the single screen for a VR solution and and it also be more immersive than a single screen.

Ok then single screen is not as immersive like having a VR solution in your face... but what about triples?
    A basic triples setup plus a basic ring would be "almost" like VR.
    Take the fact that VR puts you inside the car, you see what the driver sees; if you want immersion simply disable all hud elements use what your car gives you and and use crewchief, wheels temperature? NOPE, current time and sectors times? NOPE, Racetrack map? NOPE, Proximity radar? NOPE. You have what the car can give you, in some vintage cars only rev and oil pressure gauges and your mirrors are your proximity radar, some more modern cars have some kind of computer onboard that can give you some information or even more like in a GT3.

The we have dedicate simulation solutions, things as "simple" like the one used by Race Beyond Matter in youtube or as advanced like all the solutions posted here where you have the physical chassis of the car as part of the solution, with the same interior, same pedals same wheel, same forces needed for the pedals, same rotation torque and a projector setup like TechAde points and where the driver even use the HANS plus helmet while training, WHY WOULD YOU NEED VR IN THIS SETUP???, you have the same information that the real car, same inputs and same outputs so no VR is not more immersive in this setup.

Simply put, race where you fell comfortable and where you can achieve the best for your priorities in sim racing with your current budget; mine is immersion, not lap times, so for me and for my budget VR is the way to go.

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

A basic triples setup plus a basic ring would be "almost" like VR.
    @FERNANDO CABRERA
    A triple in better than a single monitor, obviously, but it does not come close to VR, it would take a lot more immersion to reach the height of VR.
    I am clear and defined that I am much faster in VR than in any monitor, no matter how much hertz it has.
    In addition, I enjoy it enormously much more, at the moment FOR ME: as virtual reality there is nothing that makes me go further in terms of immersion and fun, (FOR ME) ... Absolute respect for people who think differently:);)