Better performance with Windows 11

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BirnenRubber, Sep 20, 2021.

1. BirnenRubber

BirnenRubber Registered

Do you notice stuttering consistently with any track/car combination? I have an index and can see if I notice any issues.

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

I have a beast of a system (5800/3090/32gb/ReverbG2) and get stutters in many situations, both with official contents and mods.
    Latest experience was a mix of a mod (Toyota AE86) with official (Rome E-prix) and it was mostly fluid, but there was sections where it jolted. Monza and the Formula Pro is a heavy combo with reduction of FPS on the main straight.
    I do run (or try to run) very high settings :-D
    A pretty bad combo was Tommy78's 1990 DTM + Norisring...
    But stutters stricto senso was the ePrix combo I mentioned above as it was smooth and then collapsed (similarly, 2021 SuperV8's @ Hellboy's Mount Panorama it stutters as you enter the Dipper). Stutters are reported by many players.

TurboHenk likes this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

Norisring is/was fps demanding track.

4. BirnenRubber

BirnenRubber Registered

Okay I can confirm that even with the Windows 11 update, Formula Pro at Monza stutters around T1 consistently. Even if GPU/CPU load are below 60% prior to the stutter. In VR this is.

Kelju_K and Magus like this.
  5. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

i installed win 11 as soon as i saw this, i can confirm the performance upgrade , i did some tests with AI's i can add more cars now and all visible, the motion with GSync feels a lot better, lets see how stable it is, this window just vanished crashed of the screen few seconds ago im typing from the main app not browser

juanchioooo and BirnenRubber like this.
  6. Magus

Magus Registered

I am saddened to hear this as I was hoping W11 would possibly be a fix for the issue many of us are having in rF2/VR/RTX30XX low GPU usage/high FT/low FPS :( But thanks for trying...at least I won't be in any rush to upgrade come 05/10.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

i been fooled by the win11 performance , i had Resizable BAR enabled on my motherboard, it just had different effect on win 11, i was not aware that it degrade performance on rf2 when i was on the win 10

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Could you explain what's this feature?
    Thanks

9. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

copied from nvidia "Resizable BAR is an optional PCI Express interface technology. As you move through a world in a game, GPU memory (VRAM) constantly transfers textures, shaders and geometry via many small CPU to GPU transfers"

i had better performance in assasin creed series , just a few fps but was able to keep the monitor sync in place

lagg likes this.
  10. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

normally, the cpu can access the GPU's VRAM by only 256mb chunks at the time. The resizeable bar removes the 256mb limit, and cpu has full access to the gpu's framebuffer.
    it usually removes lag and stutter thatis caused by loading new textures into the vram. Adventure games with large maps and other "open world" games benefit this tech the most.
    If game engine is designed so that the 256mb access is enough, giving the cpu full access to the vram, might actually works against you.
    I think cristianuk means that rf2 is one of those games. I personally havent seen benefits or drawbacks of having it on with rf2, but it's like 6 months since i tested it with rf2. propably gonna test again soon as this is the first time i hear that it hurts perf in rf2.

Seven Smiles and lagg like this.
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

Kelju_K and pilAUTO like this.
  12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Thank you very much, can possibly help me because I have a very specific use of rF2 ( 89 AI, lot of multiclass, ultra graphics, Nurburgring Combined,....).

Sometimes I think vram causes issues, I will try that.

Kelju_K likes this.
  13. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

perfarmance was poor if i had G sync at 60 Hz with the Resizable BAR enabled

Kelju_K likes this.
  14. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

what is your specs

15. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

yeah. it's still very new tech used in games, even tough the tech it self is not new.
    And yeah. sometimes giving cpu free pass to access vram, might cause problems in some games and with some tech combos, like gsync monitors as it turns out.
    In amd system its called smart acccess menory, SAM.
    Nvidia cards still need a game support for it to be used, but amd 6000 series cards (and recently 5000 series) need only motherboard support for it to work, with any game without limitations.
    Z490 and Z590 boards have it, but not enabled by default. It's hidden under "above 4g encoding" -option in bios. I heard some Z390 boards have bios update to enable this feature, but which ones, i dont know exactly. Also not sure which amd boards support SAM. Google is your friend i guess.

16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

in device manager, right clicking your GPU, properties, resources, should show large memory range, if it is enabled in bios.
    [​IMG]

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

GTX 1080 a lot OC and max 60 degrees
    Good MB and 2 years old I think asus maximus something
    I7 9700K at 5 Ghz
    SSD
    16 gb 4000 Mhz RAM

Full HD one screen

VSYNC at 75 hz (nvidia control panel)

18. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Gigabyte Z370 can also activate BAR by updating to the latest BIOS.
    F14c >>> 23/03/2021. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance

19. Jihemme

Jihemme Registered

My computer is up and running for now more than 6 months, no restart and working flawlessly, if your Win 10 have issues, the problems is between chair and keyboard.

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I see that you have read little about windows 10 ...
    by the way, my pc does not restart, ... I restart it when there are updates by windows recommendation ...
    although it is also true that stupid or foolish there are in all countries;)