A new moderator ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

And that is a reason,not to write here anymore,like the "Sad Days thread",givin' up on RF2,useless case IMHO.
    Now delete me too....

SuperMonaco_GP likes this.
  2. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Can we expect some official statement from Motorsport Games as to their overall development and forward of rF2 other than saying S397 is working on it? Concerns such as the flag system, for one example, that seems to be an on going issue with no progress (again from this side of the wheel). The perception real, or otherwise is the focus has been and continues to be esports with little regard for the single player offline users.
    To tell us that our experiences and feelings are not true is quite frankly insulting when we are all left scratching our head as to the direction of this game. All we have at this point is things are being worked on, S397 is intact, and no expected date given. Hardly, inspiring to continue to support with that type of approach.
    David

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I'm fine with any criticism until you use words like "insulting". Please keep it civil in here.

4. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Well, I am not going to apologize how it makes me feel. This was enlightening as now I realize I am wasting my time mentioning anything like vision statements, quality control or anything else that would remotely address the concerns of the customer and the continuous improvement of rF2.
    Good Luck.

MotherDawg and RoboCAT10 like this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

No need to apologize just be civil, remember you are talking to a person on the other end. Pretty sure in real life we'd have a nice conversation without words like that. :)

Do you read our Roadmaps? We are pretty good at showing the community what we're up to and what's ahead. ;)

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

He wasn't saying your feelings are not true, he was saying the "S397 doesn't communicate or listen" stuff isn't true.

7. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

I do, thank you. Typically does not address customer concerns/complaints that have widely been posted, again flag system as a single observation. The competition blog is not something of particular interest to me as I do not partake in online competitions, if somewhere in there AI/offline racing has been addressed and I missed it, my apologies.

@AMillward perhaps I should have included the phrase; respond with a statement that addresses the experiences and feelings of users. Keep in mind that the original post, that no longer exists, the OP mentioned he felt that his concerns as to the development and issues were not being addressed and therefore decided to call it a day. Multiple threads and post over the years have mentioned these type of concerns and the thread in question is only the latest to where a user has decided to move on. I am not advocating for this type of posting, I wish the user didn't feel the necessity. But I do understand the frustration when you want something that seems like it will not happen. I have, and I am sure I am not alone, have purchased other sims and decided to shelve them as they did not perform or deliver as one would expect without having to the let the world know why. This is why I think it is important and a valuable tool to take these types of posts and use them constructively to S397 benefit, and in time ours.

RoboCAT10, Juergen-BY and memoNo1 like this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Christopher Elliott

Yes we all carry serious worries with us about rF2.
    For example, I'm now afraid to buy something new.
    Monza still doesn't work for us single players.
    Neither does Zandvoort.
    That really hurts!
    Monza such a great track.
    Why is the AIW not finally brought to a functioning level?
    Or Zandvoort?
    As a single player, I feel very much disadvantaged.
    The topics around UI and Physics flags and AI are known.
    Well i can live with it.
    But Monza and Zandvoort ..
    Chris Seriously?
    How long do I have to wait to finally experience great fights with the AI?
    Please add an option to the F1 Pro to switch off DRS.
    Not all tracks have this.
    I have currently not bought this car.
    Let's see what upcoming updates bring.
    If everything works as it should be..
    Damned! .rF2 is the best sim!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    MotherDawg, RoboCAT10 and Dady Cairo like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Most would fit into being useless. Some are totally useless, and some are useless for somebody :D

Sometimes I feel like all people at once should say "bye" temporarily to internet social media, news, forums, games... Like whole world should quit internet for few months, and see how everyone would become sane again and regain common sense and touch with reality :D

trichens likes this.
  10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Shows that the forum isn't any better than discord :D

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well, I disagree with that. Forums used to be awesome before Discord and social media boom.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have experienced that at least 3 times in the past 5 years. A video card failure, a Steering wheel power supply failure, a house fire(my fault, left a pan on a hot stove) have all interupted my simming, forum perusing, and mass posting for months on end. As you can probably tell, I'm back to all my old habits...Walking does help, til your knee gives out during the lifting motion. ;)

13. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

every thread that contains "there seems to be a problem with the yellow flags"...

I think they date back to the start of the forum, we hope they will get read one day.. ;)

Juergen-BY likes this.
  14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am a bit torn apart on the subject tbh. On one hand I couldn't care less if someone stops playing rF2 and uninstalls it. I mean, if you are done with a game you normaly move on, so why would you go to the forum of the game and start a new thread. Doesn't make any sense to me and it's clear for my why Chris did what he did.

But on the other hand I have to agree that there are some things that I just don't get. Around a week ago I watched a video of a youtuber, someone whom I didn't know but according to the number of clicks the video gained he seems to be quite popular. I don't give much about that youtuber but there are a few things that make you realize that some of the desicions surrounding rF2 can have quite serious consequences. He had to restart the race like five times due to there allways being a FCY and AI not being able to deal with FCY. It's nothing new and most of us know how to deal with it by now, but the big problem is that allmost 30.000 people watched the video and know what kind of a mess the offline part of rF2 is. That's 30.000 potential rF2 users less who I would like to see flooding the servers. Some of the last more popular videos has the title: "This sim racing game doesn't make any sense! rFactor 2". Again allmost 6000 people lost. I mean, I know the beauty of rF2 and it will take quite a bit until I move on, but sometimes it seems so easy to see where golden opportunities are wasted.

You could argue that the development team is small and everything, but you can't drag on with gamebreaking bugs known for half a decade and not fix them while you introduce new features along the way. I can garantue you that this won't work for ever. And I am just making a guess here, but if AC2 fixes the majority of shortcommings that AC1 had - and ACC aadressed quite alot of those issues allready - you can be sure that S397 will be in serious trouble if AC2 is as expandable and customizable as the first game. And don't be fooled, 2024 isn't that far away and the time to squash those gamebreakers is very limited. Let's hope that the new job offerings bring some fresh air to the development of this sim. Peace and out :)

MotherDawg, pkelly, RaceNut and 7 others like this.
  15. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

Sector3 and Reiza are equally small if not smaller than S397, and despite that the amount of updates and bugfixes they manage to drop constantly is something we never seen - and most likely never will - for rF2.

16. Binny

Binny Guest

Not a member of discord, but was told its worse than the forum does it get policed like this forum ? Also are the s397 staff more active on discord than their own forum ? can someone be honest that uses both and not a fanboy post pls.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
  17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's not much different. The biggest difference is that you are actually chatting with someone, which means instead of large posts, it's more made for conversational posts. This means that once you say something there is pretty much instantly a reaction. The same things get talked about, the same things get deleted. It's just moving faster and has some witty comments in between :D

18. Christopher Elliott

We've been really clear on what we're working on, and the things we aren't there are reasons for that. AGAIN :) none of this means we are actively ignoring anything or anyone, we are all fully aware of the issues we need to look at. But we also can't go around repeating ourselves on every platform every day for everything reported, why we aren't working on X feature or bug fix it in that moment - rFactor 2 is a vast product that spans many areas for many people (which is a great thing).
    That all said, when we have news on a certain area we're looking at, we are excited to share it with all of you.

David O'Reilly and pkelly like this.
  19. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

You forgot the memes.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  20. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I can attest to to the benefit of taking a break. I was getting to the point of trying to squeeze enjoyment out of sim racing like the last few drops of water out of a damp rag. Checking in everyday to see if something has changed etc. I'm on a break now (although involuntary due to my G27 shitting the bed), and I feel like when I come back there will be much low hanging fruit to enjoy, just the joy of driving will be enough. I can fully understand the frustration that people feel though. Maybe with more employees development will be faster. And hey, if rF2 was any better maybe I'd lose inspiration to do real racing so maybe it's a good thing that it's not 100% (that was a joke, S397 please keep making it better!)

mantasisg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.