[REL] 2020 NTT Indycar Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, Mar 28, 2020.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks @ApexModding for this great mod.
    One thing that seems not right is tires unforgiveness when trying to drive at and over the limit. According to real onboard videos and pro drivers you can really abuse and slide the the cars without instant spins. Pro Indycar drivers recently criticized iRacing version for the grip "edginess" and not being able to slide the cars.

2. yoss

yoss Registered

steam workshop item updated
    changelog update 1.05 :

- Rework of the rendering of the skins for complain with last s397 update on old shaders.
    - Added Texas 2020 skins
    - Reworking veh filter for let some league use same fixed setup for all car (Thanks to NascarBr for the feedback)
    Pending :
    - Aeroscreen work to be done

3. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

The opponent filter selections seem to be all over the place now. Most of them have duplicate drivers, like Marco Andretti always comes in all three livery variants, so the game assigns random names to two of them like Sal Tankslapper and such. It'd be nice to just have a generic filter setting that has as many drivers as you can without anyone sharing a name or number.

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Unfortunately with the way that rF2 is set up with only using the All Tracks and Cars, there isn't a better way to set up those filters. I did a similar set up with my Panoz DP01, Indycar 07-11 update and ChampCar Lola conversions. With rF1 you had the .rfm class in which you could have "Indycar2020" filtered out all the cars, and then you could then apply the individual races. That also helped a lot with the load time as the game didn't have to load in all the cars. I wished rF2 would go back to that with their new UI, or add in custom filtering. At this point, I see no better way to do it that what was done here.

atomed and yoss like this.
  5. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

What is the way you set up the Classes line, anyway? When I saw them I figured it was a season's participation race by race, so if hypothetically a driver changed their livery mid-season, it could be reflected in-game if you raced the whole season yourself. But, to take Tony Kanaan as an example, his Big Eleven Vodka car and the 7-Eleven car have an identical Classes line in the .veh files.
    Surely there is a better way to set them up after all? Not to mention it wasn't like this before the latest patch.

6. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Hi, I am enjoying all the hard work put into this mod, although they are really tricky to drive. I noticed that the shape of the aeroscreen is not very accurate compared to the structure fitted to the real cars currently. Are there plans to improve this area? The key issues I have noticed are the top of the halo is too rounded at the front, its a bit more pointy in real life and the vertical support is of the wrong shape being a curved piece on the real cars rather than the straight support in the mod.

I would like to thank the creators for bringing the 2020 IndyCar's to rFactor 2.

Mark.

avenger82 likes this.
  7. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I thought I would post a link to this tweet from IndyCar driver Max Chilton that shows a drivers view of the cockpit. It could be of some assistance to @ApexModding or it might just be of interest to others on here.

https://twitter.com/maxchilton/status/1296158937339879426?s=20

I have been trying these car out at Indianapolis Oval and was wondering how to make adjustments to the balance during the race. Currently I am using the front Anti-roll bar to increase grip as the race progresses. I know that in real life the weight jacker is used for this purpose, unfortunately rF2 doesn't allow this on track only in the garage and in the pits.

Mark.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  8. yoss

yoss Registered

Build 1121 silverstone 2.10 1.05 build of the mod GRAB_076.JPG GRAB_077.JPG

svictor, GeraArg and atomed like this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

Adjusting the drivetrain in this car works miracles, I´m absolutely in love with it.

10. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

What values are you using?

11. yoss

yoss Registered

12. atomed

atomed Member

Pump 20%
    Power 35%
    Coast 30%
    Preload 12Nm

That and a couple clicks softer rear suspension and more wing, like 20°
    It may not be competitive but at least is comfortably driveable.

yoss likes this.
  13. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Thanks, I will give these a go.

I tried experimenting with the diff settings myself but I found it confusing. I see you have increased the Power setting compared to default. I thought decreasing it reduced wheel spin on corner exit, which is my main issue but I probably misunderstood. I couldn't find anything that explained what the Pump setting is. I watched many Youtube videos on differentials, none of them mentioned Pump. Your settings do work well in making the power on wheelspin more predictable. Increasing both wing angles to the 20° range definitely improves stability on the higher speed corners and gives more of a chance to catch a slide. I softened rear suspension too but I also tried softening the front to reduce corner entry and mid corner understeer. If you can get the car pointing in the right direction earlier you will have less steering lock on the exit, which allows earlier accelerator input. Indycars don't really like accelerating and turning at the same time. I am currently testing settings out at Portland which is a lot of fun!

Hazi, avenger82 and atomed like this.
  14. yoss

yoss Registered

Great you like it on portland

15. alec king

alec king Registered

are we going to get the 2021 grid?

16. yoss

yoss Registered

who know s ;)

pkelly and atomed like this.